Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Medicaid rewards...chew on this for a while...

So we had an area rep for one one of the states medicaid providers come in and talk to our doctor..here is what we find out..
Women who get their mammograms are getting 25$ gift cards to someplace.
Moms who keep up their kids appts get vouchers for free groceries..
And if they get physicals on time a fucking xbox!!!
Oh boy are our doctors steaming mad, not only do we help pay for the insurance, but now we are buying xboxes and giving gift cards..as if just getting free medical care isn't enough.
I had to get a job and save my $ to buy my ds an xbox.for his bday...and then I couldnt afford his medication (when I wasnt working) no one wanted to help us with a secondary insurance to help him....
Im.sorry....but I'm pissed, our patients have tattooes, lots of jewerly
and most dress well too....wtf is
going On?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Replies (41-50):
acrogodess
by Lissette on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM
3 moms liked this

We have medicaid. I don't need or receive incentives for keeping up to date on our health. That is my job as a good and responsible mother. If ds didn't have as many special medical needs as he does, we wouldn't even have medicaid at all.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Um, that's crazy.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

So are the taxpayers paying for the gift cards and xbox's too or where does that money come from?

It's not coming from taxpayer money. Medacaid is usually dispensed by private insurance companies with contracts for it. The companies pay out the benefits so that people will choose them for the Medacaid coverage and they will get the federal dollars.

Photobucket

MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:25 PM
You must be crazy...our patients on medicaid will come (,if they show after schldng) for every lil thing.....bumped finger...tooth ache you name meanwhile those that have 30$ copays are less likely to call for that bumped finger.

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

When I was pregnant with my youngest, if I went to every pre-natal appointment I got a free convertable car seat.I had medacaid. I don't believe the crap about the x-box.

Honestly, even people with Medacaid don't like to go to the doctor for preventative care. They like to go when they need it, when they are sick. People that actually pay for their insurance, well, we're more apt to go to the doctor for preventitive care. Medacaid actually saves money if they toss their patients some incentives to go to the doctor to prevent illness, rather than wait until they're half dead to go to the doctor. Preventitive care costs a lot less.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Thank you...its so fucking frustrating isn't it???
Your in d.e.?
So you know these things...lol tell these people its real!!

Quoting PixieKiss403:

WTF!!!! That pisses me off so bad!!!! I have seen major abuse of the Medicaid system it is unreal!!!! I had patients come in with a sick baby with a fever so they could get a prescription for Tylenol because then its "free"!!! While the parents laughed and talked on their iPhones with their Coach purses and packs of cigarettes!!! So now we (meaning the taxpayers) are paying for an ER visit (which could run hundreds and possibly thousands) for a prescription for a $5.00 bottle of Tylenol!!!! Which costs less than a pack of their cigarettes!!!!! And NOW let's reward these parents for doing what the SHOULD be doing anyway!!!

OMG!!! I have to stop because I am getting REALLY mad now!!!

I paid to go to the doctor and got a prescription for meds for pink eye. With my insurance it cost $60!!! I said no thanks! I couldn't justify taking food out of my kids mouths for a prescription for me! And I work full time in the medical field.

My kids don't even have an Xbox!

UGH!!!!

And we are in the same state mama!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I have been all over that website, read their member benefit book and still see nothing about xboxes, please give me a link

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Try delaware physicians care.

Quoting shivasgirl:

I googled and found nothing, can you give me a link?

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Delaware...look it up...there was a lot of mean words going around.

Quoting shivasgirl:

what state?I find it hard tobelieve th3e3 xbox thing, but I do know that the facility that does the mammograms in our area give gift cards to ALL women

rayroe2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I am lost....so if a patient is on medicaid they get these things....so the other patients who don't have medicaid but do the same thing don't get that?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

DD has the state insurance and she does not get any of those perks at all.   I think the only thing she got since she gets the help is a christmas party one year out of the 6 she has been alive.

PixieKiss403
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I swear I'm going to throw up!! Why don't I just go hand them my whole check? I take $7.00 LESS an HOUR for benefits and still pay $300.00 per month out of my check just for medical. And my co-pays went up to $40 per visit AND my prescription benefits suck! I should just quit and get on welfare. I'd apparently be better off!

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Oh yeah..'.taxpayers of course ...because paying for insurance isnt enough ya know.

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

So are the taxpayers paying for the gift cards and xbox's too or where does that money come from?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM
And where do these private ins co get founding? The state...and where does the state get the money? The govmnt...and where does the gvmt get it? US... or china :(

Quoting BewitchedKisses:

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

It's not coming from taxpayer money. Medacaid is usually dispensed by private insurance companies with contracts for it. The companies pay out the benefits so that people will choose them for the Medacaid coverage and they will get the federal dollars.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)