Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Birthday on a TIGHT budget? *EDIT*

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 41 Replies

My daughter turns 5 in December. We've never really had a party for her because we move so much. Well this year, she really wants to have a party. She talks about it every day. Money is super tight so I don't know if we're going to be able to swing it. Anyone have any idea's for a fun, but really cheap party? We live in Colorado so it will have to be indoors, probably at our home. Any idea's are welcome. We really want to give her a special birthday this year!

Edit: I should add that it will be mosty little boys at her party! I think 3 girls and 7 or 8 boys! IF we have snow, we'll have cake and hot chocolate and go sledding and make snowmen. But if not, then I'm still not sure!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I have boys...but how about a tea party with a few of her friends? Maybe make homemade pizza??

idk..probably sounds dorky.

je412
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Bake her a cake. Have kool aid and some fun games
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Have some of her friends over, make some decorations, make a meal, make a cake, and play a few party games. Maybe do a craft. Last year my husband learned to make some basic balloon animals, free entertainment for an hour, this year we're taking a walk in the woods and teaching them how to make dream catchers to bring home. 

alexvitte
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy one of those box cakes, they are really cheap and not that bad. Lots of balloons to decorate. To eat maybe pizza (where I live we have a little ceasars pizza, $6 a pizza!) Or snacks like chips or popcorn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Make a simple cake. Do some balloons 99 cent bag of 20 from Walmart and some 2 dollar curling ribbon. Do a make your own pizza party or decorate your own cupcake. Make the frosting yourself, make the pizza dough, and have a few chopped veggies and a lb of cooked ground sausage. Do musical chairs for a game and make a twister game with colored construction paper. Make salt dough ornaments!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I agree with most posts. They are going to be little girls so I think a tea party is the best idea. Make some little cakes and finger sandwiches.

SareyF
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
We did a hello kitty tea party for dd last year for her 5th birthday. Finger sandwiches cut in to shapes (dollar tree cutters), fruit and veggie platters, little cookies, tea (blueberry, lemon, peach, etc), and a hello kitty cake made from box mix, vanilla wafers for ears, coconut for fur, black licorice whiskers, jelly bean eyes and nose, and strawberries for the bow. It all came out really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamminOutMama
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Dollar store! Grocery outlet!
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM
How about a cake and chips and drinks and do a dance party?

Clear out the living room. Play some kid friendly music and let em cut a rug. In my experience kids never play the party games.

Or you can havea tea party

A dress up party where you do their hair and make up and fake jewelry. A "photo shoot"
Have about 5 lil girl come over. Simple yet so fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM

hit the after Halloween sales and buy costumes cheap and have a dress up party.  You can buy cupcakes for cheap at Costco or Sams Club or bake your own.  have a pizza and movie party.  Snowman making party?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN