Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Middle names. Eta with my family.

Posted by   + Show Post
Love them? Hate them? Mine is Nell. And 90% of the time I hate it lol I give my mom crap for my name all the time. Jesse Nell. Ick.

ETA ds is Aiden Caleb. Dh is Taylor Alexandre Scott Keahi. Oy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM
I have 2 and I always had 2 last names until I got married
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CamMa
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:24 AM
I like mine. It's Marie. Goes well with my first name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM
I have always like mine. Raelene. I only met one person who had it as a first name. My mom says she named me after my dad and her bff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyStarLight
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Middle names are awesome
Because when.you are mad.at.your child and you use their whole name they know.they are.in trouble lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM

My oldest DD hates her middle name. Her dad chose it and it is actually his grandmother's last name. My two younger girls have more traditional middle names that they love. Mine is Dawn and I know so many people born in the late 70s and early 80s with Dawn as a middle name...it must have been pulled from the flower child-era LOL.

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I'm not a fan of mine.  It's a derivative of my mom's middle name.   I like her middle name, but the derivative sucks.   And no, I'm not sharing what it is.  lol

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM

My middle name means a lot to me.....it was my Grandmothers middle name.   I was born on her birthday.   When I was younger I thought it was too common, but now I appreciate the sentiment.   It is Marie, btw.

My sons each have a family middle name.  The names are not my favorite names....that is why they are middle names, lol.   They aren't used often.    My sons are honored to be named after beloved family members.

keeler_s
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Mine is Lynne
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I have 2 middle names and ended up dropping one because my name was way to long. I don't mind either. Amanda Leigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I like mine, though obviously I don't use it much.I always used to sign using my middle initial but I gave up the practice.

I kind of think it's good to have though, somewhat for security reasons (I mean if you have the same first and last name as someone else, the middle name gives you that little bit of extra identity. Plus gives you a choice if you happen to not like your first name (I have a few friends who prefer their middle name over their first).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN