Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you ever not want to be a mom anymore?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 62 Replies
Don't get me wrong. I love my two boys very much. I work and go to school with them in my mind. I want better for them. But I get so overwhelmed that I just want to run away. My first DS father and I broke up almost four years ago and he stays with his dad a few days. My 9 month old DS father works a lot. And when he's home, he's on his computer or whatever. I am home all day with the kids, I have no family and my only friend lives 2 hours from me. I feel so alone. My days all run together because its always the same. I miss the days when I lived for myself. When I could have time for me. I could never leave my kids and not be there for them, but I think if I could go back... I would have such a different life. Is this normal? Am I a horrible person?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Had3girls
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Maybe you should join a mom group.

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

No your not horrible I have felt like that to but it helps to make friends/playdates and getting out of the house.  Hobbies work to.  I love to take walks so that helps me.  I try to get together with friends and once a month go out to dinner.  It can be lonely but always try to get out

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I get overwhelmed with my son, his dad is deployed so at times it gets hard. BUT, I never think to myself if I could go back I'd live for me. That's what happens when you have kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I don't think it's strange and I definitely don't think you're a horrible person. I don't ever not want to be a mom but once in a while I'll daydream about my single days. I think your problem mostly lies with other issues on the home front. It really has nothing to do with the single life. Figure out what's making you feel this way (which you've already stated) and fix it! You should be happy. You deserve it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Evonavich
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
I'm right there with you. But at least you have a friend within a 2 hour limit. My friends are all back home 15 hours away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I've gotten like that a lot over the yrs .... I could tell u soooo much that I've been thru and the stuff my exes have put me thru but I don't c how that would help besides to make u realize ur not the only 1 that's felt like this ..... the only thing I can say is look in ur kids eyes and realize how much they need u .... it took one of my exes breaking my daughters heart and her comin to me tellin me how much she loved me and she told me how I was the only 1 that's always been there for her ..... it really hit home and made me realize that without my kids who would I really b??? I could never mean as much to any1 as I mean to my daughter and I wouldn't take that from her even if I could start all over .... the love in her eyes melted me and I realized how important I really was =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I love being a mom, it's the most important thing I've ever done, I never have moments where I question it.

jenC1978
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM

that's why i have one kid and i work full time.  This way its not too overwhelming

Beauty91805
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I never get that feeling but then again I have friends and family not too far away. I don't think you're a horrible person. **hugs**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)