Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I freaking hate security guards that think they are the cops or something

I live in Saginaw, Michigan and they got their busses that come downtown and they are all suppose to come at the same time and depart at the same time so I got off the bus and the bus I needed wasn't there yet, so I went across the street to smoke a cigarette and the security guard told me I can't smoke on public property. I was like whatever I'm not bugging no one with my smoke and I wasn't but yet he wanted to stand there and keep arguing with me. I had my 6 month old daughter with me and wanted to smoke a cigarette and this ninja cop kept harrassing me. I wasn't even on the property that the transfer plaza for the busses is at and that is where he's suppose to be a security guard, I told him to leave me alone and to go do his job. So the bus finally came and I got on it and was gone but did I really need to be harrassed by a ninja cop?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (21-30):
MamaPeanut
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Exactly.

You don't have the right to kill others with your filthy habit.

Your poor baby, how can you expose her to cancer like that?

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

So you smoke around your 6 month.old child. Nobody wants to Smell your smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM
She was outside in the fresh air, the baby is perfectly fine and most likely was in a stroller away from her anyways.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

That child has a right not to inhale poision and aresnic. Soooooo as we might not protect or shelter our kids as parents we shouldnt purposely add those toxins.

Quoting kagegirl:

White rice, no, I do not. Windows down, public places and some pre packaged food, yeah. But I am also a realist, and I understand we cannot Sheila or children from every bad thing on the planet. If we could, mitt Romney wouldn't have a snowcine's chance in hell. Alas, it is not to be. So, get your panties outta your butt, and try to remember that you do have the right to judge anyone on their parenting or lifestyle choices.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Lmao do you? So on top on all those toxin you just listed she adds more poision on purpose. I'm I don't give a shit who you are and I approved this message.

Quoting kagegirl:

Do you feed your kids white rice? Or any pre packaged foods? How about leaving the house and driving down the road with you're windows down? Public places? In that case, you, too, are filling your kids with toxins. I am Mistress Phoenix, and I approve this message.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Oh I'm sorry filling a kids lungs with aresenic and poision isn't the issue. Oh yeah the security cop who made her mad is. Priorities lmao

Quoting fullxbusymom:

The baby part here ISN'T the issue so drop it already!!

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

How was it designiated yet he told you, you couldn't smoke in that area. And unless you were atleast 10 feet away from your baby she did get some of that lovely 2 nd hand smoke.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM
She was outside in the fresh air, the baby is perfectly fine and most likely was in a stroller away from her anyways.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Exactly.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM
If you were in public...it could be illegal

Lmao...love how one person is getting all defensive over her smoking around her child...wonder how she will feel when that too becomes illegal? (It is in a few states, in a car at least, even with the windows down)

SO smokes...he's smokes outside, never in the house or car, & if dd is outside he makes her play far away until he finishes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamk5641
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

It has nothing to do with a security guard thinking he is a cop.  It has to do with rules and following them and him enforcing the rules. 

je412
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM
He should have left you alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
You sound like you have issues with authority.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Ninja cop or not, he asked you to stop smoking. Be respectful and stop smoking. It doesn't matter if you're bugging anyone or not.

I understand your position, as I am a smoker too. But if someone says "Hey, don't smoke there." I put my cigarette out.

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

He was doing his job. You are smoking with your 6 month old on public property, which isn't allowed, and you're seriously going to give him a hard time about telling you to put it out?

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You don't understand how cigarette smoke works do you... doesn't matter if she was outside and the baby was in a stroller, if the baby was within ten feet, the were getting some nice lung fulls of smoke.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Exactly.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)