Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I freaking hate security guards that think they are the cops or something

I live in Saginaw, Michigan and they got their busses that come downtown and they are all suppose to come at the same time and depart at the same time so I got off the bus and the bus I needed wasn't there yet, so I went across the street to smoke a cigarette and the security guard told me I can't smoke on public property. I was like whatever I'm not bugging no one with my smoke and I wasn't but yet he wanted to stand there and keep arguing with me. I had my 6 month old daughter with me and wanted to smoke a cigarette and this ninja cop kept harrassing me. I wasn't even on the property that the transfer plaza for the busses is at and that is where he's suppose to be a security guard, I told him to leave me alone and to go do his job. So the bus finally came and I got on it and was gone but did I really need to be harrassed by a ninja cop?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
opal10161973
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

She was smoking on a public street AWAY from where the security guard had ANY authority. 

OP- go ahead and smoke.  Personally, I use an ecig, it's cheaper and less crap in it, but if there is no law against it, he had no right to say a damn word.

samantha.7272
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The security guard was probably 'harassing' you because he (like many others) think its a bad deal for you to smoke while your holding your baby and he just decided to give you a hard to for something that he can control since he has no right to tell you how to parent.

LadyByrdNest
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

You were on public property and he was hired to keep the area secure. He was doing his job and you took issue with that period.

BTW: I smoke on occasion, but I am responsible and courteous of others, and NEVER smoke around children!

abbie.alder
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this

How old are you?

Bre
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Wow get off her case...

I just LOVE the anti smokers who think their shit don't stink! Geee let me guess you have NEVER had any kinda of cocktail while your child/s where in your care, NEVER sware while your child/s are in your care???

There are WAY more things in this world, food we eat, air we breath, water we drink ect that are just as bad as 2nd hand smoke... that actuly cause cancer and diseases..

And by the way it IS a proven fact that 2nd hand smoke nor soming itself cause lung cancer ect...
I know this info 1st hand by doing an extensive 3 yr resurch/study with a number of different highly educated doctors...

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Oh I'm sorry filling a kids lungs with aresenic and poision isn't the issue. Oh yeah the security cop who made her mad is. Priorities lmao

Quoting fullxbusymom:

The baby part here ISN'T the issue so drop it already!!

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

How was it designiated yet he told you, you couldn't smoke in that area. And unless you were atleast 10 feet away from your baby she did get some of that lovely 2 nd hand smoke.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PixieKiss403
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I need a cigarette from all the fighting on this post
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabellelee
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this

A resurch [sic] study? With a number of different highly educated doctors?

Sheesh.

Quoting Bre:

Wow get off her case...

I just LOVE the anti smokers who think their shit don't stink! Geee let me guess you have NEVER had any kinda of cocktail while your child/s where in your care, NEVER sware while your child/s are in your care???

There are WAY more things in this world, food we eat, air we breath, water we drink ect that are just as bad as 2nd hand smoke... that actuly cause cancer and diseases..

And by the way it IS a proven fact that 2nd hand smoke nor soming itself cause lung cancer ect...
I know this info 1st hand by doing an extensive 3 yr resurch/study with a number of different highly educated doctors...

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Oh I'm sorry filling a kids lungs with aresenic and poision isn't the issue. Oh yeah the security cop who made her mad is. Priorities lmao

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

How was it designiated yet he told you, you couldn't smoke in that area. And unless you were atleast 10 feet away from your baby she did get some of that lovely 2 nd hand smoke.

Mrs.Velasquez
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Smoking is disgusting.

That's all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabellelee
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Google "resurch study", it will probably come right up :)

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

I'd like to take a look at that, source?

Quoting Bre:

jstanthrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Nothing in this world is safe. I'm sure the fumes from the buses is worse for the baby.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)