Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I freaking hate security guards that think they are the cops or something

I live in Saginaw, Michigan and they got their busses that come downtown and they are all suppose to come at the same time and depart at the same time so I got off the bus and the bus I needed wasn't there yet, so I went across the street to smoke a cigarette and the security guard told me I can't smoke on public property. I was like whatever I'm not bugging no one with my smoke and I wasn't but yet he wanted to stand there and keep arguing with me. I had my 6 month old daughter with me and wanted to smoke a cigarette and this ninja cop kept harrassing me. I wasn't even on the property that the transfer plaza for the busses is at and that is where he's suppose to be a security guard, I told him to leave me alone and to go do his job. So the bus finally came and I got on it and was gone but did I really need to be harrassed by a ninja cop?

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like the guy was just doing his job...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope you are joking. And wtf is a resurch study?

Quoting Bre:

Wow get off her case...

I just LOVE the anti smokers who think their shit don't stink! Geee let me guess you have NEVER had any kinda of cocktail while your child/s where in your care, NEVER sware while your child/s are in your care???

There are WAY more things in this world, food we eat, air we breath, water we drink ect that are just as bad as 2nd hand smoke... that actuly cause cancer and diseases..

And by the way it IS a proven fact that 2nd hand smoke nor soming itself cause lung cancer ect...

I know this info 1st hand by doing an extensive 3 yr resurch/study with a number of different highly educated doctors...

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Oh I'm sorry filling a kids lungs with aresenic and poision isn't the issue. Oh yeah the security cop who made her mad is. Priorities lmao

Quoting fullxbusymom:

The baby part here ISN'T the issue so drop it already!!

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

How was it designiated yet he told you, you couldn't smoke in that area. And unless you were atleast 10 feet away from your baby she did get some of that lovely 2 nd hand smoke.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Some people have issues with authority...

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Yes...and she had a problem with that.

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
It's quite sad.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Yes, that is why my DH has to wear a bullet proof vest, because of people like her.

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

Some people have issues with authority...

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Yes...and she had a problem with that.

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jstanthrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Get a life. You need to at least brush your teeth before you take pictures of them.

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Exactly! 

Heck just blow the smoke directly up the childs's nose, it's all the same anyway. 

And then give the baby a bottle filled with Mountain Dew!! I mean they will probably end up with teeth like this one day anyway. Yee-Haw!!

Quoting jstanthrmom:

Nothing in this world is safe. I'm sure the fumes from the buses is worse for the baby.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Oh I'm sorry filling a kids lungs with aresenic and poision isn't the issue. Oh yeah the security cop who made her mad is. Priorities lmao

Quoting fullxbusymom:

The baby part here ISN'T the issue so drop it already!!

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

How was it designiated yet he told you, you couldn't smoke in that area. And unless you were atleast 10 feet away from your baby she did get some of that lovely 2 nd hand smoke.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

1.  The guard is paid to enforce the rules.  Congratulations on trying to get him fired because you needed to be a bitch.

2.  If you're so certain you were right why didn't break out your phone and call the real cops?

3.  The baby is an issue.  She brought it up, its an issue.

pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:28 AM
No. SHE crossed the street.

Quoting Rockabye:

Ummm..... he actually crossed the street to harrass you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by Rhiannon on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM
What she said!

Quoting grey7399:

1.  The guard is paid to enforce the rules.  Congratulations on trying to get him fired because you needed to be a bitch.

2.  If you're so certain you were right why didn't break out your phone and call the real cops?

3.  The baby is an issue.  She brought it up, its an issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you know? Were you there? She could have just as easily been holding the baby. Every one is caught up on this rent a cop issue and not that she was smoking WITH A BABY. Who gives a shit where she was standing (which I think is a lie)? You people are insane. You whine if a kid Has Mac and cheese, doesn't sit in the car the right way but who cares if she's giving the kid second had smoke?!?!? The guy had the absolute nerve to do his job. Wah.
It's sounds like she not very concerned with the baby only the guy doing his job. If it had been that SHE was the security and HE was smoking around a baby you all would go for days bitching and moaning about it. You people are crazy. Of course it's about the baby. The baby can't tell mommy that the smoke bothers her.

I'm a smoker and I take the bus. I would never behave the way the op does. So immature.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

She was outside in the fresh air, the baby is perfectly fine and most likely was in a stroller away from her anyways.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Exactly.

You don't have the right to kill others with your filthy habit.

Your poor baby, how can you expose her to cancer like that?

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

So you smoke around your 6 month.old child. Nobody wants to Smell your smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)