Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you keep books at your house?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 111 Replies
I'm thinking about moving the kids' bookshelf down to the livingroom so we read more. Will that look tacky? Where do you keep the books @ your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHmom103
by Alexis on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM

My kids have books all over the place. They have a big box full of them in their room, and 3 or 4 more big boxes in the living room. My books are all on a built in shelf in my room.

justpeachy71904
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM
We have a huge bookshelf in the living room. It is 10 shelves full to the brim.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Every where, lol. We're a reading family. I have books in the living room, kids rooms, basement in boxes, right now there are stacks on top of our fridge, on our coffee table.

If there is a shelf, there are books on it.

ashmac03
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM

My kids have their books in a bookshelf in their bedroom and hubby and i have our books in a bookshelf in our bedroom.  We also have kindles which helps cut back on how many actual books we have to make space for.  

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I have three bool shelves in my living room, and my kids each have one in their rooms. We are big readers at my house. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Not at all tacky. It would be inviting!  :-)

We have books in every room on shelves or tables.

CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
We move a book shelf in our room with my books. We have 2 closets in the up stairs loft area, one is a normal towel closet which we use for that and the other is what I would think is a sheet closet, its normal wide but only 8 inches maybe deep on all the shelves so I put the books and board games in there...
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

My girls have thier bookshelf in their room and my son has his book shelf in his room. My actual books have all been donated either to my children or elsewhere and all of my books (i have over 1000) are Ebooks and on my ipad.  However its time to buy a new shelf for my girls since they are now out of room.  I'm debating on a 2nd shelf or just  a much larger shelf then what they have now. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

my odest has a book shelf in her room full of books. In my room I have a book box.

In the living room we have built in shelf with a shelf of books.  Then the girls have a book bucket in the toy room we read alot

quebecer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

My son has a bookcase full of his books in his room.

We have a bookcase in the living room/dining room area (between the two spaces, kinda) with adult books and my daughter's books.

And one in the basement with heavier reference books on the bottom and other stuff on the upper shelves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN