Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you keep books at your house?

I'm thinking about moving the kids' bookshelf down to the livingroom so we read more. Will that look tacky? Where do you keep the books @ your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (101-110):
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:00 AM

Quoting AHmom103:

My kids have books all over the place. They have a big box full of them in their room, and 3 or 4 more big boxes in the living room. My books are all on a built in shelf in my room.

moneysaver6
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:13 AM

The majority of them are kept in our school room.  However, each child has a bookshelf in their room and we also have a bookshelf in the master that holds their current curriclum.

MommaBear1130
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM
We have a huge shelf in our living room with books on it and its overflowing! Then a smaller shelf for magazines and DF comics that he likes. Thinking about selling some of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bascha
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM
We have bookshelves in almost every room at our house. There's absolutely nothing tacky about books and/or bookshelves in your living room. If anything, I think it makes you look a little bit classier, depending on the type of books, of course. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiffytifftiff
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Our books are all over the place. My ds room, my room living room even the dineing room. We have a bookcase in our living room. I don't think it would look bad.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:57 AM

We keep all of our books except a few in the kids' rooms in the living room on bookshelves. To be honest I never think a home feels like a home if there are no books in the living room. :-)

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Quoting justhavingfun.:

Where do you keep the books @ your house?

I've got over 5000 books.   Most of them I keep in one room that's used for book storage and nothing else, that I call the libary.  It is a pretty awesome room, sort of maze-like with lots of nooks, crannies and tunnels.  There's even an exit to L-space hidden in there.

Then there's my 'to read' pile by my bed in my bedroom, Mark's bed time story pile in his bedroom, cooking books and current affairs in the kitchen, humour in the toilets, and most of the children's books on a library shelf in their play room.

OK, that's in theory.  In practice I think the little blighters breed when I'm not looking, and try to escape their confines or go out on adventures - they end up all over the place.

cryssi_renee
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:54 AM
We have a bookcase in the living room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

All over the place.

We have literally hundreds of books.  We have 2 floor to ceiling bookcases in the basement overflowing with books.  DS & DD each have a bookcase in their bedroom, again overflowing with books.

There's a bookcase in my room and 3 in the 'dining room'.  They're all overflowing with books.

If it's a borrowed book, we like to keep it in the couch cushions. LOL

Then, there are books in the kitchen on the hall table, books on the coffee table on the china hutch, a baker's rack that has books on it.

We literally have books in every room in the house, with the possible exception of the laundry room, but I would have to look.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM
We keep the books in our closet. When we moved our book shelves broke, so im having to save up for new ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)