Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you keep books at your house?

I'm thinking about moving the kids' bookshelf down to the livingroom so we read more. Will that look tacky? Where do you keep the books @ your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
We keep them all over. I have most in the playroom but we also have some in the study and in the kitchen.

Prior to having a study I kept their bookcase in the living room closet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starry_dreamer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I have a 1.5 yr old so we don't have a HUGE collection yet. All of his are in the living room in a collapsible bin I got from target.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
My girls have a big book box in their room, I have a bookshelf in the family room/ sunroom. Not tacky. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM

We have books everywhere, bookshelves everywhere. Even in the kitchen (most of those books are cookbooks and home remedy books though).

Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I have a bookcase in my bedroom that's 5 shelves and is full with double rows of books. My son has a two shelf one in his room full also. Most books we have on his iPad, or my kindle. So we no longer buy paperback books for the most part. I don't think it looks tacky in the living room as long as you keep them neat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I don't generally have a lot of books, Im a huge believe of the public library, and the books I do buy I donate, unless its a special book.

Those are in my bedroom as are my son's. DH has his in the den.

justhavingfun.
My son has been having a hard time in school so I was thinking the books downstairs might help is ALL remember how fun reading is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramonafrog
Everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26

Their books are in their room and mine are in my room.  If I had a formal place to put a book shelf where I know it wouldn't end up being a mess, I'd have one downstairs.  That's for later on down the road when the youngest is much older.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

raegansmom
by Cyndi on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM

DD's book shelf is in our office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN