Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you keep books at your house?

I'm thinking about moving the kids' bookshelf down to the livingroom so we read more. Will that look tacky? Where do you keep the books @ your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (71-80):
soy_latte
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I have two 6' bookcases in my livingroom with 2,000+ children's books on them. It doesn't look stylish but it is what it is. I try to keep them neat with the spines out separated by type.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

My sons books are on his windowsill (we have deep windowsills).  Our books are still in boxes in our spare room from when we moved over the summer :-/

Genie2
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

In my other room so, my son doesn't rip them up!

Pnukey
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM

My books are in my Nook. I had way too many books, so we found a compromise.

The kids each have a bookshelf in their rooms, with age-appropriate books. It is not tacky to have a bookshelf in the living room.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM

My daughter's books are on bookshelves in her bedroom.My books are on bookshelves in my bedroom.

VaniK
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
We have a built in book shelf in our finished basement.i keep DDs books in family room in a cabinet that is just for her.
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I have their books in their room on bookshelves. I have my books in the family room on a book shelf. There are a few of their favorites in there. I think that as long as u keep it neat and organized, you can put them anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Books are all over the place in my house. I don't have an actual book shelf in my livingroom right now because it's to small. I don't think an organized book case is tacky at all.
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Everywhere...LOL. I have a tall one in the family room filled with Erins books....plus she has a smaller bookcase in her room full of books.....the spare room/ classroom has a small dresser filled with work books. I got a kindle 2 years ago so no more boxes filled with my books stacked in cliset....room....or garage anymore! I LOVE TO READ and so do all of my kids...even the adult ones
pasteeater
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM
There isn't a room in our house that doesn't have a book in it. Each bedroom has shelves. We have boxes them in the garage too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)