Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you keep books at your house?

I'm thinking about moving the kids' bookshelf down to the livingroom so we read more. Will that look tacky? Where do you keep the books @ your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (81-90):
momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I have 2 large bookshelves in the family room. I also had to get 2 smaller ones, one I put in a small foyer we have outside all the bedrooms and another one I put in the children's room with their books.
We're out of book space by now, lol. Which made the Kindle a blessing in many ways :)

Sharon
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Each of my kids have a bookshelf or two in their rooms, my husband and I keep our books on a shelf in our closet.

RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM
We have three bookshelves in our living room. I don't think it's tacky at all, it just shows you value education.
Katenemsmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM
That would be fine! We have two huge book shelves in our dining room, the bottom shelves used to hold the kids books. Now they have too many and have their own book shelves in their rooms and playroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2maryjoseph
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM

We have books in our bedrooms and in our library. 

thatgirl70
by Carin on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM
My son's bookcase is in his room. That's the best place for it.

For our house I mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We have a large bookshelf in the living room.  Also, we have large plastic containers of books in a couple of bedrooms.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
We have four shelves in the basement family/play room; shelves line our upstairs hallway near our bedrooms; and the kids each have more shelves in their bedrooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissam78
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Most are in the den,the others are under the end table in the living room,shelf in kids room,headboard in my room,pocket sleeves in car & small space in kitchen,encouragement is everywhere :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM
We used to have at least one bookshelf in each bedroom plus a bunch of bookshelves in the living room and dinind room. The bedrooms in this house are smaller, and we were only able to fit 2/3 of our bookshelves on the lift anyway - plus we couldn't bring all of our books on the lift. :-(
We lined to upstairs "big room" with bookshelves as well as putting one in the big "hallway" upstairs where we have a desk for the kids as well as the school/office supplies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN