Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you keep books at your house?

I'm thinking about moving the kids' bookshelf down to the livingroom so we read more. Will that look tacky? Where do you keep the books @ your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Replies (91-100):
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM

We have books all over, but are primarily in the bedrooms.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM
There are bookcases in each of the kids' bedrooms, my bedroom, the living room, and the garage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JamminOutMama
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Bookshelf, second bedroom and living room near the movies
Ayla-bellesmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

My daughters books are in her room. My books are in the living room. I'd keep them in my room, but there isn't enough room.

I like having my books on display. My books are a part of me, like good friends. I only keep the ones that I love in some way or another. I find one of the best ways to get to know someone quickly, is to peruse their book collection.

Rlmama00
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:40 AM
They have shelves in their rooms.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:34 AM

everywhere... we have about a 1000 books or more

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:37 AM

i have two tall bookcases in the computer area of my living room.  they house the books i own - our library books are stacked on.in the entertainment center so that we dont lose track of them.
i dont think having books around could ever be tacky lol.  but i love reading so much. 

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM

When my kids were still at home we had books every where. The heck with looking tacky. The idea is to give them the opportunity and the encouragement to read at a moments notice. I used to read at least two books a day and the kids would make a nickel every time I lost a book and they had to find it for me. Sometimes I think they hid them just to make the nickel. But it also taught them to read as much as I did and they did very well. The important thing is access to the reading material without having to go upstairs or downstairs to the basement to look for a book. Have them handy and encourage them to look up things in books and then read them.

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Ummm, every-frickin-where.  we have thousands and thousands of books. Who cares if it looks tacky?  The important thing is to have the books readily available for use, not buried in the back of the closet where they will not be read. 

swati88
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:24 AM
I have a bookshelf in the study room in which i keep all my books.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)