Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why do people b****

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
and complain when it doesn't change the situtataion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM

because we are human and sometimes it feels good to vent.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I know it makes me feel better to get it out rather than hold it in. I don't expect it to change but I like to talk through my problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Because it is better to vent and get it out. To allow yourself that time to just complain, yell, vent, etc, and calm down before trying to tackle whatever it is that has you upset.

Can you honestly say you have NEVER complained about anything? Knowing your words will not do anything to help the situation, you just needed to get it out?

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I had fun trying to pronounce 'situtataion.'

Anyways, it's like PPs said. Bottling it up is really unhealthy. Sometimes people just need to vent and they feel better.

WendyJR
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It helps some people think things through and calm down when they verbalize their problems or write/type them out.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM

But it can change the situation!  Sometimes, when you write something down, you see it in a new light and will think of new ideas to address your problem. Plus, it isn't good to bottle up negative emotions, as they can effect you physically as well as emotionally, so writing them out can be a huge stress relief.

AlekD
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Because its the only way some people know his to express feelings of anger or frustration.

Personally, I don't think that "venting " is always as helpful as people claim. Sometimes our feelings are irrational and giving them undue validity is unhealthy. Not everything you think needs to come out of your mouth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)