Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Forklift training

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i went in to get cash assistance from the state today and i know that they want you to take classes and training for finding a job but i dont know if they will train you on new things. Like me i have worked customer service all the time i have worked at varius jobs but i thought if i could get fork lift training then im can pretty much get a job any where... what do you ladies think? also i would like to see if i could do dispatch training. whawt other things should i look into for training, i want out of the customer service jobs and more higher paying jobs...

advise please...

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wonderouslife84
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM

BUMP

thehickinhickor
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM
I would anything that could help me make more and support my family without help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderouslife84
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM

thats what im thinking too.. 

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I am a certified forklift operator.  warehouses are everywhere and generally pay better than customer service

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I am also a tractor trailer driver.  I raised 3 boys all by myself drving a truck

wonderouslife84
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I am a certified forklift operator.  warehouses are everywhere and generally pay better than customer service

id go out and do the training with osha but i dont have the $450 to do it by my self so i was hoping there was a place that will pay for it.. i want to better myself and schooling is not an option right now

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a Conway near you?  the trucking company?  They are always looking for warehouse people.  They will train you on the forklift BUT then they will expect you to train to get your CDL.  ALL employees there have there commerical drivers license.  you work the dock until you get enough senority to drive a route.  Its hard work but io loved it and they pay VERY well with benes BUT usually you start on the 11pm to 7 am shift.  worked great when my kids were in school...summers were harder.

I applaud you thinking out of the box.  taking on traditional mens work is a GREAT way for women to make better money without having to go to school for years.  Look on craigs list under warehouses.  Some will especially with Christmas coming hire and train temporary people.  If you stand out you could get a full time gig at the very least you get the training.  Show up in appropriate clothes for a warehouse job...steel toe boots a must and give them your confidence.  Its not that hard and its not rocket science but it is a job that is long hours lifting turning carrying working around equipment.  So you have to be a hard worker and pay attention 

Quoting wonderouslife84:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

id go out and do the training with osha but i dont have the $450 to do it by my self so i was hoping there was a place that will pay for it.. i want to better myself and schooling is not an option right now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)