Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why is giving away free stuff on Craigslist so difficult??

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

I posted an ad on craigslist stating that I had a VHS stand filled with VHS tapes. I said that everything will need to go tonight and I will place it outside my apartment. I clearly stated that both stand and vhs are to go together. Well I had about 10 people email me within an hour. I had my husband carry everything outside and had to of been texting the lady for over 30 minutes on how to get here. Well about 20 minutes after saying she was on her way she decided not to come after all. um ok.. so then the next person said they would be on their way. Several minutes after I give out our address they decide not to show up either. wtf? Then the last person comes and ONLY takes the VHS tapes!! It took him about 2 hours to show up too! My neighbor just came knocking on our door because the person who took the VHS tapes decided to be an asshole and move the case in front of their door. WOW! now I am going to have to bring in the case so it doesn't sit outside all night. Next time I think I'll just leave the stuff by the dumpster and tell people its there if you want it come get it. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM
That is sad. Whats wrong with people?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petaveggielover
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Quoting celestegood:

That is sad. Whats wrong with people?

I mean I dont get it? The stand is very nice black with doors. I paid $80 for it from target about 3 years ago. And the movies were all disney movies that my kids don't watch anymore. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I would just donate it to good will or something in that case.  They take almost anything.

Punkie74
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Put it out for the trash... the garbage pickers will come and take it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)