Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have a pet goldfish?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son won 4 at the fair tonight. He's so proud. He's planning to get a nice aquarium for them, but for now we have a temporary one seeing as we got home late tonight. But anyways, do we have to put a conditioner in the aquarium water before we put the fish in? I dont have any tonight. I can get some tomorrow, but i would feel bad with them staying a bag all night and need to know if its really necessary. Thanks!

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Uniquecoolio
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Probably be ok overnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkie74
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM
No clue on the goldfish... My daughter has a Beta and I swear I can't get that sucker to die!! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Its probably to late....

1.  Tap water from a facility is usually dangerous, there are added chemicals that usually kill fish pretty quick

2.  4 tiny baby goldfish could probably be ok in a 5 gl jug of water over night, so if you can get one of those you're probably ok.

3.  whatever you keep them in, it needs a lot of surface area for oxygenation.  Surface disturbance helps to oxygenate the water.  

4.  they like room temp water (not 75 - 80F)  they are not tropical fish that way.  so when the fish store tries to sell you a heater, tell them to eat it.

5.  4 goldfish will require 15 - 20 gl tank at the minimum

6.  get a GOOD filter.  Goldfish are messy eaters and produce huge amounts of ammonia waste and will poison themselves with a bad filter or no filter at all.

7.  water weighs nearly 8lbs per gallon so consider that when buying a tank.

for quick reference try kokosgoldfish.com, research it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)