Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mobile homes

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 116 Replies
What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I would as long as it isn't metal. Im a snob like that. idk if i would call them trashy, but there is definitly a stigma attached to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I live in one and I hate it, its a single wide and just a flat out piece of crap. The next one we live in will be a double wide and much nicer, the plus to that is it will be on our own 10 achers.

Schleetle
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I don't really have much of an opinion on them. No, no, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittiesmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I lived in a 33ft travel trailer for a few months out in Phoenix. A lot of people out there live in rv's or trailers, its cheaper and you can travel. I will never do the rv thing again until my kids are grown and dh retires. I would however live in something like a double wide trailer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM
4 moms liked this
I think they can be as nice as you make them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
I live in one it is a 18x80 3 bed 2 bath mobile home. It has wood siding and the year is 1977. I have lived in four altogether and this is the first one I have liked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I live in one now and I mostly like it. I like it a lot better than an apartment since the neighbors are not right next to your bedroom. I would prefer a house, but a mobile home is still pretty nice. I have lived in one when I was in elementary school too.
crazymom21
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM
We are looking at living in one til we get our house built. They make excellent temporary homes and some are/can be really nice. We want certain things in our forever home that can't be accomplished in a mobile home/trailer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I have a modular home. Some say it's called a mobile home some don't. I say it's my home and I love it. It's three bedrooms, three full baths two car garage the master bedroom is huge. You can fit three queen beds in there. There's two in there now. We have a walk through closet that is as wide as the room. My bathroom has a huge spa tub. We have a fire place but never use it. It's too hot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I have seen some really nice ones that you do not realize it is a mobile or modular home and i have seen bad ones where the stereotype comes in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN