Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM
A home is what you make it. I only grown upon them if its located somewhere that tornadoes are common and no cellar is available. That is scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

DH and I lived in a 12x56 mobile home/trailer for 8 years. I swear sometimes I wish we still lived in something that small. We now have a 2100 sq ft house and I can not keep up with everything anymore.  My husband is a packrat and I could make hiim keep it undercontrol when we had no extra room. Now he's filled the basement full and his side of our bedroom looks like something from Sandford and Son LOL. Oh for the days I could tell him that he had to get rid of something before he could bring home something else. 

sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have seen some really nice ones that you do not realize it is a mobile or modular home and i have seen bad ones where the stereotype comes in.

ROFLMAO....Several years ago I was at a party and one friend asked the homeowner why in the world she had a sign up that said "home sweet trailer". The homeowner told her because it was a trailer and the friend didn't believe her. She thought the friend was joking. I guess I've been in enough that it was obvious to me but I swear to this day I don't think that one friend believes that our friend lives in a double wide (and yes it is a double wide and not a modular home). Really the only thing that makes it look like a house is the fact it sets on a block foundation instead of having underpinning and the previous owner added on a carport.

oooomelissaoooo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:07 AM
I've never lived in one and wouldn't BC of tornados. But if you live some where that doesn't get them..then you can find some really nice ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley0523
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I dont think they are trashy but personally i wouldnt want to live in one i never have before ive always been in a house besides the one year apartment after dh and I got married we own a house now :)

SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Ashley0523:

I dont think they are trashy but personally i wouldnt want to live in one i never have before ive always been in a house besides the one year apartment after dh and I got married we own a house now :)

A Mobile Home, is a "HOME":

HOME "Is where your heart is"

It is "JUST STUFF"

When you die, it does not "GO WITH YOU."

.Diddles.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:13 AM
I lived in one for five years and it was pure crap. I didn't even want to live there in the first place, but it was the last resort. No matter what we fixed or improved something else would fall a part. Because of that I will not live in another one. I live in an apartment now and we love it! It's home to us for now. Our next home will be a house and our home for a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:14 AM
I agree

Quoting cara124:

I think they can be as nice as you make them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2camy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:15 AM
I would never live in one, we live in Pensacola, FL and with all the hurricanes that have hit this area I have seen countless trailers ripped to shreds. I don't feel secure without a foundation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have seen some really nice ones that you do not realize it is a mobile or modular home and i have seen bad ones where the stereotype comes in.

ROFLMAO....Several years ago I was at a party and one friend asked the homeowner why in the world she had a sign up that said "home sweet trailer". The homeowner told her because it was a trailer and the friend didn't believe her. She thought the friend was joking. I guess I've been in enough that it was obvious to me but I swear to this day I don't think that one friend believes that our friend lives in a double wide (and yes it is a double wide and not a modular home). Really the only thing that makes it look like a house is the fact it sets on a block foundation instead of having underpinning and the previous owner added on a carport.

Yeah the nice one you could not tell it was a mobile home since they renovated it with pretty cream carpets, i think they added a room or two on to it, etc.   The stereotypical one has the original 70s carpet as well as 70s linoleum, need i go on?  LOL. 

It is all in how you decorate and treat the home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)