Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (111-116):
Zanny
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM

As a Realtor.... I would sell one to someone who wanted one...

I don't judge people on what kind of homes they want to buy, or how much they can or can not spend...

A Commission is a Commission... I like to make my buyers feel like they just bought the Castle of their Dreams!!  

SamanthaSage
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

They're only trashy if people don't take good care of them, just like any other home. Some look awesome. I would live in one, but not in a trailer park. Too many people.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I don't think trailers themselves are trashy, but I don't think too highly of trailer parks.  I'd live in a tiny one room apartment before I'd live in a trailer park, to be honest.  The lack of foundation and storage would be extremely troubling for me. 

BananaPancakes_
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
The only nice mobile home parks in town are for seniors. The others are full of trash. Not for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lageise
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I grew up in a trailer.  I didn't really know any difference then, but six years ago my husband and I decided to purchase one.  At the time, we thought it was our only option.  I hate it.  People do look at you differently when they find out you live in a mobile home, in a mobile home court (a.k.a. - a trailer in a trailer park). There is not enough room or storage space.  They are hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and I swear they're put together with scotch tape and staples.  You can hear and see your neighbors from every window, so no real privacy.  The lawns are non-existent and shared.  Need I go on?  I've told my husband, if I have to sell a kidney to get the down payment, we will have our own REAL home.  An actual house, with a basement and an attic, maybe a garage.  If you are considering buying one, I say try to do whatever it takes to get a real home.

goatmom4
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM

i would but would probaly liek the kind i could move like move it to land out in the booneys   would have to insulate  the roof  in MN we get so much snow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)