Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (111-116):
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM

As a Realtor.... I would sell one to someone who wanted one...

I don't judge people on what kind of homes they want to buy, or how much they can or can not spend...

A Commission is a Commission... I like to make my buyers feel like they just bought the Castle of their Dreams!!  

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

They're only trashy if people don't take good care of them, just like any other home. Some look awesome. I would live in one, but not in a trailer park. Too many people.

by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I don't think trailers themselves are trashy, but I don't think too highly of trailer parks.  I'd live in a tiny one room apartment before I'd live in a trailer park, to be honest.  The lack of foundation and storage would be extremely troubling for me. 

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
The only nice mobile home parks in town are for seniors. The others are full of trash. Not for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I grew up in a trailer.  I didn't really know any difference then, but six years ago my husband and I decided to purchase one.  At the time, we thought it was our only option.  I hate it.  People do look at you differently when they find out you live in a mobile home, in a mobile home court (a.k.a. - a trailer in a trailer park). There is not enough room or storage space.  They are hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and I swear they're put together with scotch tape and staples.  You can hear and see your neighbors from every window, so no real privacy.  The lawns are non-existent and shared.  Need I go on?  I've told my husband, if I have to sell a kidney to get the down payment, we will have our own REAL home.  An actual house, with a basement and an attic, maybe a garage.  If you are considering buying one, I say try to do whatever it takes to get a real home.

by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM

i would but would probaly liek the kind i could move like move it to land out in the booneys   would have to insulate  the roof  in MN we get so much snow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN