Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
kriss1023
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:26 AM
I guess it really depend! I have seen some really junky one and I have seen some that are a lot nice then a house. I would live in one, but I would prefer it on a couple acres.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_jessika
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:28 AM
i live in phoenix,az and there alot of not so nice mobile home parks and there alot of nice mobile home parks that are actually super nice . me and so were actually thinking of buying but but we chose a single family home.

Quoting pittiesmom:

I lived in a 33ft travel trailer for a few months out in Phoenix. A lot of people out there live in rv's or trailers, its cheaper and you can travel. I will never do the rv thing again until my kids are grown and dh retires. I would however live in something like a double wide trailer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I have friends that live in one, it is really nice on a nice big lot and it's not in a trailer park. I do not live in one and I do prefer a house over one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in one.  It was small but cozy.  I tell ya you don't collect a lot of useless crap living in one b/c there isn't room for it!  I live in an apartment building now and would give anything to have my "trailer" back!!!

emmy526
by Emmy on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I HATED the one we lived in....ratty piece of shit...during a storm always felt like the walls were gonna cave in...and living in tornado country, NO THANKS....

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Not too safe....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:48 AM
No I wouldn't. If I'm buying a house, I want it to retain its value.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I've seen everything from trashy trailer parks to double wides you would probably never know were mobile homes around here.  I wouldn't want to live in either simply because we live in Tornado Alley and if there is a fire they burn so fast, you pretty much have a total loss.

wittyscreenname
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I live in a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom single wide. It's metal, but honestly, I absolutely love it. I have pictures of the inside of it. We have a nice size covered porch and while I live in what can be considered a trailer park (I consider them called trailer parks if they have a name...where I live doesn't, it's just a bunch of trailer's on land...I consider it a neighborhood. lol) the owners personally deal with you. They don't have a property manager. I have a pretty decent size yard and I live in town. We have 3 kids and they all have their own rooms and my bills don't equal out to $1000 a month.

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I dont like them but Id live anywhere that had 4 walls and heat if need be.

In minnesota trailer parks are NASTY and filled with the trashiest sort of people.  You dont want to send your kdis to a school that has busses to a trailer park.  Teachers explain a rotten bunch of kids by saying "oh we have a group from evergreen estates".   My dad lives in texas and the trailer parks there are not so bad.  My grandparents lived in a retirement village/trailer park and it was really nice.  I think it depends on your area as to what the trailer parks are actually like. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN