Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
kriss1023
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:26 AM
I guess it really depend! I have seen some really junky one and I have seen some that are a lot nice then a house. I would live in one, but I would prefer it on a couple acres.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_jessika
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:28 AM
i live in phoenix,az and there alot of not so nice mobile home parks and there alot of nice mobile home parks that are actually super nice . me and so were actually thinking of buying but but we chose a single family home.

Quoting pittiesmom:

I lived in a 33ft travel trailer for a few months out in Phoenix. A lot of people out there live in rv's or trailers, its cheaper and you can travel. I will never do the rv thing again until my kids are grown and dh retires. I would however live in something like a double wide trailer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I have friends that live in one, it is really nice on a nice big lot and it's not in a trailer park. I do not live in one and I do prefer a house over one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Leslie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I grew up in one.  It was small but cozy.  I tell ya you don't collect a lot of useless crap living in one b/c there isn't room for it!  I live in an apartment building now and would give anything to have my "trailer" back!!!

emmy526
by Emmy on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I HATED the one we lived in....ratty piece of shit...during a storm always felt like the walls were gonna cave in...and living in tornado country, NO THANKS....

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Not too safe....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:48 AM
No I wouldn't. If I'm buying a house, I want it to retain its value.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I've seen everything from trashy trailer parks to double wides you would probably never know were mobile homes around here.  I wouldn't want to live in either simply because we live in Tornado Alley and if there is a fire they burn so fast, you pretty much have a total loss.

wittyscreenname
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I live in a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom single wide. It's metal, but honestly, I absolutely love it. I have pictures of the inside of it. We have a nice size covered porch and while I live in what can be considered a trailer park (I consider them called trailer parks if they have a name...where I live doesn't, it's just a bunch of trailer's on land...I consider it a neighborhood. lol) the owners personally deal with you. They don't have a property manager. I have a pretty decent size yard and I live in town. We have 3 kids and they all have their own rooms and my bills don't equal out to $1000 a month.

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I dont like them but Id live anywhere that had 4 walls and heat if need be.

In minnesota trailer parks are NASTY and filled with the trashiest sort of people.  You dont want to send your kdis to a school that has busses to a trailer park.  Teachers explain a rotten bunch of kids by saying "oh we have a group from evergreen estates".   My dad lives in texas and the trailer parks there are not so bad.  My grandparents lived in a retirement village/trailer park and it was really nice.  I think it depends on your area as to what the trailer parks are actually like. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)