Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What's your view on mobile homes? Do you live in one? Would you live in one? Do you think they're "trashy?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
bellaamore
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in one.
No matter what anyone thinks, i own it. It is mine, and no one can ever take it away. Period.
bellaamore
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I was in a double wide the other day for a party, it was very nice.  The trailer park was also very nice, with lots of space.  But that was the only time I've been in a trailer park that didn't feel trashy.  I've heard of a lot of people getting a nice trailer and putting it on property and fixing up the place real nice.  I don't think that's trashy at all..but then the tornado factor is what scares me.  I think of the 3 little pigs.  If my house is gonna blow down, I want a basement.

Here, you must have a zone two in many areas, as they stand to hurricanes better.
And, if you had a basement, your home would rot from the inside out. No basements in louisiana. Those who do usually have serious foundation issues. Our state is far too wet for that.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Better than an apartment or piece of crap house, but not as good as a nice house. There are some nice ones out there but I just feel like they still aren't built to last as long as a 'real' house. A couple of friends have 30 year mortgages on theirs and I look at them and think there's no way they will last that long without a LOT of upkeep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I wouldn't call them trashy.  I've seen some really nice mobile homes.  We almost bought one when we first got married.  But changed our minds. The one we were to buy.  We'd of had to move it off the lot it was on.  Back in the day some trailer parks said no pets and no kids. 

TanyaR1024
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM
We have a decent double wide in a semi trashy park. We bought it when we were young and had 2 kids and thats all we could afford. We are now having trouble selling it so I, wish we would have rented. But if if was on land and we could add 2 rooms and a garage, I think I could happily live here the next 20 years. Ultimately its just a house and I am, happy to have a roof over our heads
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I grew up living in one. My parents still live in it. I would not ever want to live in one again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM
I would if it was in a safe neighborhood. Beats living in an apartment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willis_Mommie
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM
live in a really.nice 4 bedroom double wide
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM
We currently live in a '95 single wide
Its slightly outdated but has pretty paint job and new carpet
Bedrooms are decent size, bathrooms are big.
I don't want to live in one forever though
Hopefully next year we can buy a home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cubanmom84
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM

It could be as nice as you make it. That's my living room right now, I like comfy look ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)