Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

to snip or not to snip ricki lake talks circumcision

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 18 Replies
Its on right now. Hope everyone is watching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't take a celebrity's advice for, well, anything. Enjoy the show though. 

BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Omg its not her advice. Shea talking with a couple who are arguing over it and drs are coming on talking about it.

Jesus

Quoting Pnukey:

I don't take a celebrity's advice for, well, anything. Enjoy the show though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Bump!! Hope people are watching the show. It covers both sides and since its a hot topic on here I really wanna see people talking about the show on here later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvtohunt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM
I wish i had telecision. Can someone do an update?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I wasn't even aware her talk show was still on.  Is it good?  Are there more for or against arguments?

BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Ok, so ricki brought on a couple that's 8 months pregnant with a boy. Mom wants it done, says its safer as far as STD and infections go. Dad says he is against it because he doesn't want his son to deal with the pain as such a young helpless child.
Well they got off the stage and ricki brought up a obgyn who performs the procedure and a pediatrician.

Both agreed it is not very painful mostly just uncomfortable and it is.not a medically necessary procedure but mainly based on religious or private reasons by the parent. (Not wanting to have their son be an odd ball) so on so forth.
The Drs also talked about how it affects STDs and infections. They said it really doesn't make a difference. Which I found important because I saw a couple of women on here talking about the surgery lowering the risk of aids. They explained that was done in Africa and has no real bearing over us in the US and that the infection thing is really just saying a man intact isn't dirty or harder to clean, but when they do a urine sample sometimes they get more bacteria and lead to more misdiagnosed infection cases.

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:01 PM
I replied just under this with an update on the show. I'm not done with the update yet lol but just keep reading. I'm posting everything I heard. Oh and its a new series. She just started back.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I wasn't even aware her talk show was still on.  Is it good?  Are there more for or against arguments?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Ahh, okay, thanks!  Can you tell that I don't normally watch tv during the daytime?  I'm a primetime tv watcher :)

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I replied just under this with an update on the show. I'm not done with the update yet lol but just keep reading. I'm posting everything I heard. Oh and its a new series. She just started back.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Also they spoke to a sex therapist who said we tend to like the penis we are use to. In America 50 percent are cut and in Europe its nearly unheard of.

They spoke to a man who had his surgery done at 37 and while painful it was so worth it and has not affected his pleasure in the bedroom.
Also a man from the audience stood up and explained he had his reversed. Said it was his body and it was a choice he wasn't given to make. It was so very painful but worth it to him and now that he is intact he feels whole again.

They also discussed how it might be a social status to some and how some people on pa in 18 states don't even have the option because Medicaid wont pay for it.

It was a very very interesting show.and covered so many things I see argues here on cm.

Oh and the couple hadn't made a decission by the end of the show lol.

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Lol I love steve wilkos. I let all those shows play while I'm cleaning house.and doing laundry. Reminds me of being little. Mamaw use to watch Jerry and montel ricki and maury lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Ahh, okay, thanks!  Can you tell that I don't normally watch tv during the daytime?  I'm a primetime tv watcher :)

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)