Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

to snip or not to snip ricki lake talks circumcision

Its on right now. Hope everyone is watching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (11-18):
MammaPaparazza
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Wow how do you reverse a circumcision?

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Also they spoke to a sex therapist who said we tend to like the penis we are use to. In America 50 percent are cut and in Europe its nearly unheard of.

They spoke to a man who had his surgery done at 37 and while painful it was so worth it and has not affected his pleasure in the bedroom.

Also a man from the audience stood up and explained he had his reversed. Said it was his body and it was a choice he wasn't given to make. It was so very painful but worth it to him and now that he is intact he feels whole again.

They also discussed how it might be a social status to some and how some people on pa in 18 states don't even have the option because Medicaid wont pay for it.

It was a very very interesting show.and covered so many things I see argues here on cm.

Oh and the couple hadn't made a decission by the end of the show lol.

Quoting luvtohunt:

I wish i had telecision. Can someone do an update?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM
He wouldn't go into great detail lol. Just said stretching and exercise .... I am so not Googling that

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Also they spoke to a sex therapist who said we tend to like the penis we are use to. In America 50 percent are cut and in Europe its nearly unheard of.

They spoke to a man who had his surgery done at 37 and while painful it was so worth it and has not affected his pleasure in the bedroom.

Also a man from the audience stood up and explained he had his reversed. Said it was his body and it was a choice he wasn't given to make. It was so very painful but worth it to him and now that he is intact he feels whole again.

They also discussed how it might be a social status to some and how some people on pa in 18 states don't even have the option because Medicaid wont pay for it.

It was a very very interesting show.and covered so many things I see argues here on cm.

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Quoting BraydensMama163:

"He wouldn't go into great detail lol. Just said stretching and exercise .... I am so not Googling that"

It's called "foreskin restoration". Some anti-circumcision activists have created devices that stretch the skin. Personally, I think it's bull, but whatever makes a person happy.

Sharon
sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this

She talks too damn much. I tried to watch her show with MIL the other day and we both agreed she keeps yapping even when she's got no idea what she's talking about. I'd just as soon not watch.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

luvtohunt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Thankyou so much! Thats interesting. It doesnt sound like it really cleared up much though. Lol.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

He wouldn't go into great detail lol. Just said stretching and exercise .... I am so not Googling that

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM
It did clear up a lot of rumors. The being unclean and protecting against STD infection.

More or less the thing to learn from it is it isn't a medically necessary procedure. There is no medical reason to have it done.
More people want the procedure done because it looks better or for religious reasons. Its not going to hurt very badly or scar them for life most of the time. It doesn't change their sex life. It carries no ill effect on them what so ever regardless which way you choose to go.

Quoting luvtohunt:

Thankyou so much! Thats interesting. It doesnt sound like it really cleared up much though. Lol.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its crap to say it doesn't affect sex life either way. If you really look into the function of the penis and foreskin, you know that's a false statement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You can't actually reverse a circumcision. Once your cut, your cut.
However, you can stretch the skin, to 'restore the foreskin'. This gives *some* function of the foreskin back, but you can not get those nerves back that get cut off =/

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting luvtohunt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)