Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ArmyWife

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
I just heard from my husband today for the first time! Lol I was so happy to hear his voice. Felt like we were in high school all over again :)
That no cell phone rule is HORRIBLE. I'm so used to knowing where he is and what he's doing. Its not as bad as I thought though. I wrote him two letters and haven't even gotten an address yet! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
soldiermom1986
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Aw Ive been there...on both sides actually...

Me and my husband deployed together (but were stationed 300 miles apart and still didnt get to see eachother...talk about torture), and we left behind our 2yo son. I had to come home early, so i was apart from him (further) for 6 months. we had skype, which was nice, but every so often theyd have blackouts, and theres no warning. those usually mean casualties (but dont scare yourself please) :( so of course id get scared! 

I remember how great it was to get my one way phone call, and how it sucked soo bad when i missed those calls sometimes. give us army wives a good name and stay strong and supportive because he needs you more than you know now. 

My good thoughts go out to him, for safety and a swift return!

nautica_lucas
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Thank you so much!! :) you both still in service? This his first time. I'm a SAHM so I'm here with the kids

Quoting soldiermom1986:

Aw Ive been there...on both sides actually...

Me and my husband deployed together (but were stationed 300 miles apart and still didnt get to see eachother...talk about torture), and we left behind our 2yo son. I had to come home early, so i was apart from him (further) for 6 months. we had skype, which was nice, but every so often theyd have blackouts, and theres no warning. those usually mean casualties (but dont scare yourself please) :( so of course id get scared! 

I remember how great it was to get my one way phone call, and how it sucked soo bad when i missed those calls sometimes. give us army wives a good name and stay strong and supportive because he needs you more than you know now. 

My good thoughts go out to him, for safety and a swift return!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soldiermom1986
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I got out this year when we had baby 2. He is still in. It was out first as well. Oh. and keep this in mind, No news can mean good news. If there is anything you need to know, you WILL be told, and someone in uniform will tell you first. But dont think about that. send him lots of love and cookies and pictures and letters...

I tell you, mail day overseas is like Christmas morning...it was so great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN