Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Most people know where they stand on the issue of abortion, but just spend a day looking around CM. Watch as mothers are attacked over and over again for their choices. Today it seems to be the great SAHM Vs. working mom debate, but there are others as well.

So, do you believe in a woman's right to choose whether or not she will work/stay home? What about her right to choose whether or not she will circumcise her son? What if she doesn't want to vaccinate her children? What if she does want to? What if a mother decides to forward face her 1 year old or bottle feed her baby? Do you still believe in her choice? Why can't we support each other? Why is it that many women seem to believe that there is only ONE way to parent? Every baby is different. Every family is different. So why do we act as though every parenting style must be the same? 

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (51-57):
missmansmommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Abortion is a clear cut choice to kill an unborn baby and is is no way in league with choices such as staying at home or working, nursing or not, etc. I would agree with you on those issues, that we need to support each other on these choices In that way, I am for choice, but I am unreservedly and unapologetically pro-life.

baby girlMissMansMommy

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I think that everyone has the right to thier opinion and to choose what is best for thier children and family. And I hope that those choices are never taken away. I don't care what others do it is thier choice but I don't have to agree with what they do. But they should be aloud to choose what is best for them as long as it doesn't harm anyone.
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pro choice, even for the ignorant.

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Slam dunk!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

I am pro choice, even for the ignorant.

Lizardannie1966
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Right to choose--period.

janel09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I like this post because it brings out a good point. When you here pro-choice, you automatically think abortion. You don't think about the choices of a child made during pregnancy, birth, and parenting. Some people choose to continue smoking and drinking during the pregnancy. I've met one mom who was 5 months at the time smoking. That is a choice. I personally chose to do everything as natually as possible for the birth, while some moms (like my aunt) pick a day on the calender for thier elective c-section. That is thier choice. I choose to rear face until 25-30 pounds, spank, vaccinate, breast feed, and use disposable diapers. Who am I to say this is the only way it should be done. It works for me and my husband, and that's what matters.

Mama_Gleich
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM

So, which question is it you want us to answer? :) lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN