Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you really pro-choice?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
  • 57 Replies
4 moms liked this

Most people know where they stand on the issue of abortion, but just spend a day looking around CM. Watch as mothers are attacked over and over again for their choices. Today it seems to be the great SAHM Vs. working mom debate, but there are others as well.

So, do you believe in a woman's right to choose whether or not she will work/stay home? What about her right to choose whether or not she will circumcise her son? What if she doesn't want to vaccinate her children? What if she does want to? What if a mother decides to forward face her 1 year old or bottle feed her baby? Do you still believe in her choice? Why can't we support each other? Why is it that many women seem to believe that there is only ONE way to parent? Every baby is different. Every family is different. So why do we act as though every parenting style must be the same? 

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM
as long as that baby isn't being put in danger than I don't care. Its not my kid and not my place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this

We all have a common goal:

Successfully raising our children and keeping their best interests in mind.

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM

That is how I feel. Any woman who is raising her kids with their best interests in mind is a good mother.

Quoting hp2011:

We all have a common goal:

Successfully raising our children and keeping their best interests in mind.

whowhat
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:21 PM
4 moms liked this
Bc the reason most People come on this site is bc they're bored and looking for drama and those debates make it easy. Hardly anyone fights over all that stuff in the real world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM

That's true, but it's an election year! Surely we can find other stuff to fight about. LOL

Quoting whowhat:

Bc the reason most People come on this site is bc they're bored and looking for drama and those debates make it easy. Hardly anyone fights over all that stuff in the real world.

Punkie74
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!

Quoting whowhat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justhavingfun.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Why can't we support each other?

This is a website. This is not real life. You put your opinion out there to be judged, questioned, and challenged. If you walked into a group of women, chances are no one would be nearly as straight forward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imnotbarbie03
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quoting BraydensMama163:

as long as that baby isn't being put in danger than I don't care. Its not my kid and not my place.

Yup. And that's the problem is that I personally feel some of these controversial issues are harmful or dangerous so biting my tongue is hard. But I'm getting better about stating my opinion, why I feel that way and then having a blanket statement if things get heated of "I don't agree. Seems like we both feel strongly and neither of us is going to change our minds" and leaving it alone.

BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Yea. I'm not overly strict in the way we raise our kids. They forward faced at 1. DS was bottle fed DD was breast fed. We circumcised.

Its what worked best for us and what I made an educated decision on. That's all that matters.

Quoting imnotbarbie03:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Yup. And that's the problem is that I personally feel some of these controversial issues are harmful or dangerous so biting my tongue is hard. But I'm getting better about stating my opinion, why I feel that way and then having a blanket statement if things get heated of "I don't agree. Seems like we both feel strongly and neither of us is going to change our minds" and leaving it alone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whowhat
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Nah. I can just go and read election drama on Facebook.

Quoting motherslove82:

That's true, but it's an election year! Surely we can find other stuff to fight about. LOL

Quoting whowhat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN