Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Most people know where they stand on the issue of abortion, but just spend a day looking around CM. Watch as mothers are attacked over and over again for their choices. Today it seems to be the great SAHM Vs. working mom debate, but there are others as well.

So, do you believe in a woman's right to choose whether or not she will work/stay home? What about her right to choose whether or not she will circumcise her son? What if she doesn't want to vaccinate her children? What if she does want to? What if a mother decides to forward face her 1 year old or bottle feed her baby? Do you still believe in her choice? Why can't we support each other? Why is it that many women seem to believe that there is only ONE way to parent? Every baby is different. Every family is different. So why do we act as though every parenting style must be the same? 

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Ok. Then why can't we disagree and state the reasons why we disagree without using phrases like "I feel sorry for your kids", "You must be lazy and uneducated", "You don't deserve to have children", etc?

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Why can't we support each other?

This is a website. This is not real life. You put your opinion out there to be judged, questioned, and challenged. If you walked into a group of women, chances are no one would be nearly as straight forward.

justhavingfun.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Drama. Who really cares what someone online thinks? This site should not be taken seriously.

Quoting motherslove82:

Ok. Then why can't we disagree and state the reasons why we disagree without using phrases like "I feel sorry for your kids", "You must be lazy and uneducated", "You don't deserve to have children", etc?

Quoting justhavingfun.:

This is a website. This is not real life. You put your opinion out there to be judged, questioned, and challenged. If you walked into a group of women, chances are no one would be nearly as straight forward.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM

It shouldn't be, but some of the things that are said on here are really uncalled for.

Quoting justhavingfun.:

Drama. Who really cares what someone online thinks? This site should not be taken seriously.

Quoting motherslove82:

Quoting justhavingfun.:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Only on CM are these issues. In my real life, we don't sit around debating any of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamanthaSage
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM

This is supposed to be a free country. Women should be able to choose whatever they want. Whatever they think is best for their children and themselves.

christina0607
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Well of course people have the right to make their own choices......but of course I feel the way I do things is the absolute best way to do them. If I had any doubt in that, I would quickly change the way I do anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I support women and the descisions they make even when I dont agree with them. The only time I have an issue is with child neglect or abuse or when women choose to go back to abuse relationships.... like my sister, I just cant be supportive, not after the bruises on my niece and nephew, notafter the bruises on my sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notdown4games
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I am pro choice. On all the above. If I child is well loved and their mother is doing things she believes are in her childs best interest....I see nothing wrong with it. Its not my place to try to dictate how they raise their children. Just as its not their place to judge and dictate mine. We're all raising our kid with the same goal, to raise healthy, relatively happy(I mean, they can't be happy all the time lol),well adjusted, productive members of society. We're all on the same journey, some of us are just taking slightly differing paths
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I'm pro-choice.

The only thing you probably wouldn't say I'm pro-choice about is circumcision. I believe in his body his choice.

thehickinhickor
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Not my life so i don't have a right to judge or say anything. for me i have to do something lot bring in some money that's just how i feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)