Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Most people know where they stand on the issue of abortion, but just spend a day looking around CM. Watch as mothers are attacked over and over again for their choices. Today it seems to be the great SAHM Vs. working mom debate, but there are others as well.

So, do you believe in a woman's right to choose whether or not she will work/stay home? What about her right to choose whether or not she will circumcise her son? What if she doesn't want to vaccinate her children? What if she does want to? What if a mother decides to forward face her 1 year old or bottle feed her baby? Do you still believe in her choice? Why can't we support each other? Why is it that many women seem to believe that there is only ONE way to parent? Every baby is different. Every family is different. So why do we act as though every parenting style must be the same? 

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
Babs1001
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Ditto

Quoting BraydensMama163:

as long as that baby isn't being put in danger than I don't care. Its not my kid and not my place.

sarahmetz
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I don't care how one raises a child but will give advice and suggest things but as for abortions oh hell no, I'm totally against that but more for adoption. I don't like the idea of adoptions much but its a much better choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Male circumcision, no. Yes on all the rest except rear facing at a year old - I really don't know much about this one other than legality, and even then I don't know facts, so I'd just say 'idk' for this one. I'm pro-choice with abortion.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM
My opinion:: its not my body nor my life no one should tell anyone else what to do.
My religion:: a baby is a baby from the egg meeting Sperm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Kim on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Yes, I really am pro-choice.  I prefer adoption, but I understand a women's choice to abort-or keep it or give it up for adoption.  It is her choice.

girlcarrot
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Only a parent can dictate what is the best way to raise their children. If a person chooses to do something 100% differen than me I am OK with it. It's none of my business.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Yup everyone of this is most definitely a choice EXCEPT I don't agree w/forward facing so young and I would really have to grit my teeth on that one.  However, yup every mom has the right to make whatever decision they feel that is in the best interest of their family and child.  

Just because it may differ from mine does NOT mean that they are any better or worse of a parent than I am.  

KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Everyone has the right to make decisions for themselves and their families that is in their best interest, but if you put it out there in the world for everyone to see, then I have every right to comment as I see fit.  I try very hard to not be hateful or rude, but if you post about your horrible day/life and it is clearly linked to your lack of maturity or parenting skills, then don't expect me to send you a hug and a high five.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM
I'm anti abortion and anti circumcision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imnotbarbie03
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Everyone has the right to make decisions for themselves and their families that is in their best interest, but if you put it out there in the world for everyone to see, then I have every right to comment as I see fit.  I try very hard to not be hateful or rude, but if you post about your horrible day/life and it is clearly linked to your lack of maturity or parenting skills, then don't expect me to send you a hug and a high five.

LOL - you're totally right. But sometimes I choose to just leave those posts alone unless I feel like the person is open to hearing me. 

Like if someone's got a super-agressive kid and they're like "I don't know what's wrong with him! Do I need to spank him harder?!" - I'm probably not going to go there on that one because imo spanking = agression and its a learned behavior. But I've kinda learned not to jump in their thread and tell them that because its not what they wanna hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)