Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what is a reasonable goal?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 22 Replies
What is a reasonable goal to set for a month? I am 5'2...123lbs I don't really care about how much I weigh I really want to tone up. I have the usmc ball coming up in a month and just want to feel good. Is it possible to get much done in 30 days? Any pointers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

This is me now...I just have that mommy weight in the tummy and thighs :( I don't need washboard abs...just any pointers would help :) please no bashing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Do you have weights at home?   If not you can use old gallon milk jugs and fill them to approximate weight.   I can not remember how much a full one weighs.  Also you may be able to find exercises on youtube for arms and anywhere else you need to tone up for ball.   I do not think you need to lose any weight but as you said just tone up to feel better.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Crunches, lunges etc can help abdomen and thighs.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJAG
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Eat clean.  You will see a HUGE difference.  Stay away from all processed food, sugar and gluten.  Bye, bye ab flab.  Push ups and planks are great full body strengthening exercises.  Get on youtube and find at home workouts. 

anime.princess
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Don't forget to wear Spaxs with your dress.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I don't remember what they are called but the one where you lay on your back, but your hands under your butt and kick your lights up and down and then open and closed ....I've done those the past few days and my abs are in fire lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Lol...ill pass...I don't want the illusion of being in shape, I want to be in shape

Quoting anime.princess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anime.princess
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

In 30 days, spanxs will be your best bet.  You can tone up some, but in 30 days, Spanxs will be helpful along with toning up.  

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Lol...ill pass...I don't want the illusion of being in shape, I want to be in shape

Quoting anime.princess:

Uniquecoolio
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Your already beautiful. Just do brisk walking 30 minutes daily and you'll see a diff in the belly area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)