Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, someone stole either me or DH's debit card info.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

I went to check the bank account tonight...I check it multiple times a day, I'm paranoid like that.  There are 2 charges that neither DH nor I made.  DH is away training and hasn't even used his debit card in almost 2 weeks.  So now I get to call the bank in the morning and deal with this.  Cancel our current debit cards, wait for new ones to get here (which by the way will take even longer because we are in HI), and have absolutely no way to access our money to buy groceries this weekend.

Thank you, whoever stole our card numbers, for being such a fucking douchebag.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
grey7399
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

stolen cards are a 24 hr service.  Call now.  You can access your money at the bank with an ID.

yes its a pain in the ass, but you can handle this.

Soldier_Wife07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I already tried calling.  DH doesn't want me to replace both cards.  He wants me to talk to someone to find out which card number was stolen and only replace that one.  So to do that I have to wait and call in the morning.

Quoting grey7399:

stolen cards are a 24 hr service.  Call now.  You can access your money at the bank with an ID.

yes its a pain in the ass, but you can handle this.

thehickinhickor
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM
We just went threw that took them a week to get it all cleaned up and the money put back :-/ it threw us way behind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soldier_Wife07
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Yep. We now have a negative balance in our account and a bounced check. I hope hubby's paycheck hits tomorrow.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

We just went threw that took them a week to get it all cleaned up and the money put back :-/ it threw us way behind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nathansmommy331
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:22 AM
FYI if you have navy fed they are 24/7 live person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:28 AM

We just went thr that also. it sucks but i couldn't access anything until i went inside the bank with my ID.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN