Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

where is the best place to buy?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM
  • 18 Replies

I have to buy my dd a pair of  pink ballet shoes and a pair of black character shoes by monday.   I don't know where to go to buy them.  I can't order them online because they have to be here by monday and i never have luck when i ship next day.   Can i go to a regular shoe store like payless? 

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittanyx22
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I think payless still sells them. Or if you have a bigger dance studio in your area they may sell them. For future reference, you should go to www.discountdancesupply.com. I always ordered my dance shoes from that site. They have great prices.
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I think you could get both at walmart or target.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Quoting Mazie0723:

Now if we only had a walmart or target  lol

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Quoting brittanyx22:

I think payless still sells them. Or if you have a bigger dance studio in your area they may sell them. For future reference, you should go to www.discountdancesupply.com. I always ordered my dance shoes from that site. They have great prices.

I'm trying to find a dance studio near me but for the life I can't figure out why google can't find one lol

highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I will be honest - Payless ballet shoes are crap.  The soles are way too stiff and you daughter will have a very hard time dancing in them.  Most dance schools around her will not allow Payless shoes in class.  Do you have a dance store in your area?  Have you checked the dance studio, some dance studios have used shoes you can purchase.  I would also check to see it the studio has a certain type they want.  No use purchasing a pair then having to purchase another because the teacher tells you they are the wrong style, or colour.  Yes even pink ballet shoes differ in colour.  Payless does sell them but I have only seen ballet, jazz and tap shoes. 

I would not get a pair online unless you know the size of your child in that particular brand.  My daughter dances and her dance shoes vary in sizes, I know in Bloch she is a size 6, but in capezio she is a 7 both of these are jazz shoes, but in highland shoes she is a 2.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

well hell lol Do you have shoe carnival or DSW?

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting Mazie0723:

Now if we only had a walmart or target  lol

Little Man

pregnancy week by week

masonsmommy107
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM

do you have a "Sports Acadamy" store near you?

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Payless yes....i got dds tap shoes there. Also if you have an Academy there, they have some dance stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Quoting highlandmum:

I will be honest - Payless ballet shoes are crap.  The soles are way too stiff and you daughter will have a very hard time dancing in them.  Most dance schools around her will not allow Payless shoes in class.  Do you have a dance store in your area?  Have you checked the dance studio, some dance studios have used shoes you can purchase.  I would also check to see it the studio has a certain type they want.  No use purchasing a pair then having to purchase another because the teacher tells you they are the wrong style, or colour.  Yes even pink ballet shoes differ in colour.  Payless does sell them but I have only seen ballet, jazz and tap shoes. 

I would not get a pair online unless you know the size of your child in that particular brand.  My daughter dances and her dance shoes vary in sizes, I know in Bloch she is a size 6, but in capezio she is a 7 both of these are jazz shoes, but in highland shoes she is a 2.

I'm really worried about the sizing t hing because in regular shoes she varries all the time.  sometimes a 6 will fit her perfect and other times a 6 is to big and even been to small.

The ballet shoes are for her gym class.  She takes stage movement for gym and this term is ballet.  So she doesnt  nesecarily need "good" ballet shoes.  the charactor shoes are for the Play she's in so i guess those need to be better.  If i only knew what they were  lol

btw my dd is 13

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting masonsmommy107:

do you have a "Sports Acadamy" store near you?

Not according to thier store locator.  I live in nyc  finding a place should be easy  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)