Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I envy moms who have had

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 234 Replies
2 moms liked this

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM
15 moms liked this

I honestly don't understand this. The result is the same. Not all people are the same and not all births are the same. I don't really understand comparing yourself to others.

christel22406
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM
5 moms liked this
I understand. I had a emergency c-section for my first child and because of that my doc wouldn't give me a chance for a vbac so I had to have a planned c-section for our 2nd. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I always wonder if I could've felt more I might have been able to push harder but then I realize it wouldn't have mattered since he was sideways. Its sad to know I will never know that feeling of giving birth the way God intended it. But I still have my 2 wonderful children either way and that makes me happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christel22406
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
11 moms liked this
No the result isn't the same. To have someone deliver a baby for you compared to the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. Completely different. Yes you still end up with the baby either way but recovery is different as well as many other things.

Quoting christina0607:

I honestly don't understand this. The result is the same. Not all people are the same and not all births are the same. I don't really understand comparing yourself to others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Of course the result is the same, the result of a birth is a baby. No two births are the same. I've had 3, all completely different. I couldn't imagine comparing one to the other...or myself to other women. the purpose of pregnancy and child birth is to have a baby, period.

Quoting christel22406:

No the result isn't the same. To have someone deliver a baby for you compared to the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. Completely different. Yes you still end up with the baby either way but recovery is different as well as many other things.

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

inspain
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this

I had a c-section with DD1 and I'll have another with DD2.  I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.  All I want is a healthy child and, as long as that's the result, I'd call the birth a success.  

If it's that important to you and you plan on more kids, I hope you can get a VBAC and fulfill that wish.  

As for me, I'm good with never knowing what it's like.  ;-)

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I had two sched c-sctions because my ds were breech. Since my goal was to get them out in one piece I wasnt too disappointed I didnt do vaginal. They are healthy and that works for me.

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this
20 years and it will not matter. I've medicated, unmedicated, large babies, lots of stiches, no stitches and I'm still waiting on my crown. It doesn't matter how just the outcome.

Don't envy the hooha pain;) I'm sure your incision hurt just as bad, probably for longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

that's the thing, i planned on having a VBAC with my second son but he had other plans for me.

i started going through the pain and everytime i had a contraction i would hold my breath so i wouldn't feel the pain as badly.

well i ended up having an emergency c-section because my son wasn't getting enough oxygen in him and his heart rate dropped drastically. it went from 150 to 60 in a matter of minutes.

Quoting inspain:

I had a c-section with DD1 and I'll have another with DD2.  I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.  All I want is a healthy child and, as long as that's the result, I'd call the birth a success.  

If it's that important to you and you plan on more kids, I hope you can get a VBAC and fulfill that wish.  

As for me, I'm good with never knowing what it's like.  ;-)

NutHouseMomma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I have had three c-sections and all I feel I have missed out on is a ripped vag, quite possibly the worst UTI ever, and maybe never being able to walk right again. I get what you are saying...but you should embrace the experience and success.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christel22406
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM
5 moms liked this
Smh sometimes idiocy does surprise me. Not a good Argument on your part. I'll let you continue to think you know everything. Google the differences and complications between the 2 and then come back and say they are the same from beginning to end. Uneducated people make me laugh.

Quoting christina0607:

Of course the result is the same, the result of a birth is a baby. No two births are the same. I've had 3, all completely different. I couldn't imagine comparing one to the other...or myself to other women. the purpose of pregnancy and child birth is to have a baby, period.

Quoting christel22406:

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)