Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

i'm not comparing myself to others, i'm talking about the experience.

being able to experience the baby going through the vagina. i've never experienced that and i want to. i want to feel what it's like to be able to do that. i want to be able to experience what other moms have experienced.

Quoting christina0607:

I honestly don't understand this. The result is the same. Not all people are the same and not all births are the same. I don't really understand comparing yourself to others.

Loopy3
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

God intended us to have children, painfully yes, and a certain way, no, God put man with a mind and gave him/her the knowledge to know how to cut us women open to save these children from when complication arose. So I see it as it does not matter how the child are born, he/she was born, and he was born how God intended.
Moms plz don't ever feel cheated, you have your children, and they are alive, and hat is thanks to God.

Quoting christel22406:

I understand. I had a emergency c-section for my first child and because of that my doc wouldn't give me a chance for a vbac so I had to have a planned c-section for our 2nd. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I always wonder if I could've felt more I might have been able to push harder but then I realize it wouldn't have mattered since he was sideways. Its sad to know I will never know that feeling of giving birth the way God intended it. But I still have my 2 wonderful children either way and that makes me happy.

christina0607
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not having an argument....are you? Don't bother.

No one said they were the same procedure....where did you read that?

Quoting christel22406:

Smh sometimes idiocy does surprise me. Not a good Argument on your part. I'll let you continue to think you know everything. Google the differences and complications between the 2 and then come back and say they are the same from beginning to end. Uneducated people make me laugh.

Quoting christina0607:

Of course the result is the same, the result of a birth is a baby. No two births are the same. I've had 3, all completely different. I couldn't imagine comparing one to the other...or myself to other women. the purpose of pregnancy and child birth is to have a baby, period.

Quoting christel22406:

No the result isn't the same. To have someone deliver a baby for you compared to the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. Completely different. Yes you still end up with the baby either way but recovery is different as well as many other things.

Quoting christina0607:

I honestly don't understand this. The result is the same. Not all people are the same and not all births are the same. I don't really understand comparing yourself to others.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

wildlilacs
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I kinda understand. My last child was c section due to being her turning sidewise. It was a very different experience, hard to explain, the emotions, the high,the recovery, bonding, breastfeeding,all different.
I could have avoided it if doc didnt screw up weight, said she was nearly 9 lbs at 37 wks when she was only 7.5 lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

i totally agree with you.

i was in the hospital for 4 days to recover.

but since i had a c-section, i'm still recovering. my doctor told me that it will take a year for my body to heal completely.

a friend of mine had a vaginal birth and she was only in the hospital less then 24hours before she was released and she's completely recovered.

boy! i wish i could experience that too!

but your right and i love how you explained it. someone helped me deliever both of my sons. i never had that satisfaction of being able to do it on my own.

love it!! you are awesome!!

Quoting christel22406:

No the result isn't the same. To have someone deliver a baby for you compared to the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. Completely different. Yes you still end up with the baby either way but recovery is different as well as many other things.

Quoting christina0607:

christina0607
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

There are going to be a million and one things in life that you either can't or won't ever be able to experience. Thats part of each and every one of our journeys in life. Your journey has been laid out until now, and will continue to appear as you live your life. Take the experiences that you have and relish in them, because focusing on one small detail, that would result you in nothing more than the same things you already have...will drive you insane. It's not worth it, and wonuldn't change who or what you are today.

Quoting vinalex0581:

i'm not comparing myself to others, i'm talking about the experience.

being able to experience the baby going through the vagina. i've never experienced that and i want to. i want to feel what it's like to be able to do that. i want to be able to experience what other moms have experienced.

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

momofsunshine77
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I can relate!!!!   I have 2 daughters and both were C-section.  One was premie and the other was the same day as my appointment because my fluid dropped.  I haven't even had labor pains.  LOL  The real funny part is at my very first MOPS group everyone was talking about labor pains, and I was like what does it feel like?  LOL  I will never be able to experience that either.  I am also done - got tubes tied at last C-section because of too many complications. 

dlnimo
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had both. DD1 was a vaginal and the twins were a c-section due to a double breech. I felt great after both deliveries and never once felt robbed because I had a c-section instead of two vaginal deliveries. Truth be told I recovered much faster with the c-section than I did with my vaginal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
5 moms liked this

May I ask why you feel the need to be so rude about this?  No one has put down anyone for wanting a natural birth.  What's the point of referring to someone else's pov as "idiocy" or assuming they are "uneducated" because they have a different take on the subject.  I'm willing to bet the person to whom you replied knows very well what the differences are between a vaginal birth and a c-section.  I certainly do.  But, for me, there was no choice involved and I don't feel I missed out on anything.  Each type of birth has it's up-sided and down-sides, depending on the circumstances.  But, in the end, as long as you have a safe birth, where everyone comes out okay, that's the real point.  No one gets bragging rights because they did it one way, as opposed to the other.  

I can understand feeling strongly about your position, but when you resort to being high-handed and superior and name-calling, you lose any chance of making a useful argument.  

Quoting christel22406:

Smh sometimes idiocy does surprise me. Not a good Argument on your part. I'll let you continue to think you know everything. Google the differences and complications between the 2 and then come back and say they are the same from beginning to end. Uneducated people make me laugh.

"If there is a God, why did he make me an Atheist?" - Ricky Gervais
specialwingz
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this

4 kids, including full-term twins...not one c-section.  I didn't rip because my OB gave me an episiotomy and never had a UTI, much less the "worst UTI ever".  And, what's this about never being able to walk right again???  Where did you come up with THAT???

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I have had three c-sections and all I feel I have missed out on is a ripped vag, quite possibly the worst UTI ever, and maybe never being able to walk right again. I get what you are saying...but you should embrace the experience and success.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)