Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (231-234):
mimi1207
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I would be distraught about DS having a birth defect (if he was in pain or suffering)  but I would not be upset about never giving vaginal birth!!

Quoting SevenKisses:

I know how you feel! I am young and with one child, but I do not want more kids, ever. I had always wanted and planned on a natural birth, maybe even a homebirth! But all my dreams were crushed when we found DS' had a birth defect, we ended up in an ER c-section. So I will probably never experience giving birth. =/

SevenKisses
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Was your experience that bad?
I will always wonder what it is like. I have read about it, seen it, heard it, etc. but I have never been through it and as a mother I do feel pretty lame to say that.

My cesarean though was AMAZING. If there was a best case scenario for one it would be me. So I am thankful for that. 

Quoting mimi1207:

I would be distraught about DS having a birth defect (if he was in pain or suffering)  but I would not be upset about never giving vaginal birth!!

Quoting SevenKisses:

I know how you feel! I am young and with one child, but I do not want more kids, ever. I had always wanted and planned on a natural birth, maybe even a homebirth! But all my dreams were crushed when we found DS' had a birth defect, we ended up in an ER c-section. So I will probably never experience giving birth. =/

dingysfamily
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Geeze ... I've only read through page 2 of these responses and I honestly don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head in disbelieve!!  Giving birthd is a miracle, a God-given miracle (wonder how non-believer's explain that --- oh yeah, just pure biology!), be grateful and thankful there is an alternative to a vaginal birth when it is needed to possibly save a life.  I had my second child by c-section ... after several hours of labor, then a block (where I didn't feel the pain any longer) & being hooked up to a monitor & having dh tell me every time I was having a pain, which by-the-way worked for me ... I was tired of the pain by then.  When the doctor finally said the baby's heart rate was dangerously low, all we cared about was having a healthy baby ........ how that baby was born was our last concern; if it meant an emergency c-section, so be it.  Not all emergency c-sections mean you don't go through labor pains, nor does it mean you will have a UTI after or anything any worse.  It also doesn't necessarily mean it's going to take a lot longer to 'heal' or be up and around either.  I've know women who've had vaginal births & had tears that took longer to heal than I did with my c-section.  Sure, I was in the hospital a few days longer, but hey, I got to rest longer there too!!  Someone else said it right; every birth is different ... and with that, every experience is different.  Gee whiz at the drama that goes on!!

mimi1207
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM

my experiance with the first c section was really bad, took me at least a year to feel myself again:( it was painful... with my second one i bounced up pretty quick, dont know if it was mind over matter or the fact that I had twins and had another son at home and didnt have a choice but to get well soon:) but the second one was better. I have spoken to women that have had both vaginal and C sections and they all say vaginal is soooo much easier!!!!

Quoting SevenKisses:

Was your experience that bad?
I will always wonder what it is like. I have read about it, seen it, heard it, etc. but I have never been through it and as a mother I do feel pretty lame to say that.

My cesarean though was AMAZING. If there was a best case scenario for one it would be me. So I am thankful for that. 

Quoting mimi1207:

Quoting SevenKisses:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN