Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (31-40):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering the same thing and I didn't have a episiotomy.

Quoting specialwingz:

4 kids, including full-term twins...not one c-section.  I didn't rip because my OB gave me an episiotomy and never had a UTI, much less the "worst UTI ever".  And, what's this about never being able to walk right again???  Where did you come up with THAT???

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I have had three c-sections and all I feel I have missed out on is a ripped vag, quite possibly the worst UTI ever, and maybe never being able to walk right again. I get what you are saying...but you should embrace the experience and success.

nickysmom71
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't and I had a c-section....I have heard horror stories about some vag births...the tearing and pain afterward....ugghhh

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
True dat!

Quoting christina0607:

Nope this is true, after a vaginal birth you are more likely to have incontinence or gas that can last for months or years.

Quoting mcsmom1:

There is a plus for you...you have less chance of being incontinent when you get older than those of us who had a vaginal birth!

(Disclaimer for those that like to argue: I'm no dr. That is just what I have always heard. Could be wrong.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this
As the saying goes, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sbreece
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a vaginal birth and let me tell ya.. it was absolutely awful! Worst, most traumatic experience ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bre
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a csection and the way I look at it I carry my birthing experance on my belly 365 days a year they are my birthing scars not to mention the joys of my son being a healthy birth!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NutHouseMomma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I was referring to me sweetheart. Now go retrieve your knickers, I think they are hung up.

Quoting specialwingz:

4 kids, including full-term twins...not one c-section.  I didn't rip because my OB gave me an episiotomy and never had a UTI, much less the "worst UTI ever".  And, what's this about never being able to walk right again???  Where did you come up with THAT???

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I have had three c-sections and all I feel I have missed out on is a ripped vag, quite possibly the worst UTI ever, and maybe never being able to walk right again. I get what you are saying...but you should embrace the experience and success.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Alrighty then !

specialwingz
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Pull your own knickers out of your own a$$.  If you have had c-sections...then where are you getting the idea the only things you "missed out" on were negative things you conjured up?

You implied that that's what happens with vaginal births.  So, I'm just curious...how many moms in here who had vaginal births experienced vaginas ripped to shreds, the "worst UTI ever" and will never walk right again?

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I was referring to me sweetheart. Now go retrieve your knickers, I think they are hung up.

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

tyheamma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting inspain:

I had a c-section with DD1 and I'll have another with DD2.  I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.  All I want is a healthy child and, as long as that's the result, I'd call the birth a success.  

If it's that important to you and you plan on more kids, I hope you can get a VBAC and fulfill that wish.  

As for me, I'm good with never knowing what it's like.  ;-)

I didn't have a healthy baby. I still call the birth a success.

So many miracles for such a little girl! Follow Lily's story on her blog at princesslilysmiracle.blogspot.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/princesslilysmiracle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)