Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

vaginal births.

I'm 30 and have 2 sons. One is 7 years old and the other is 3 months old.

Both of them were emergency c-sections.

I was watching The Baby Story on TLC this morning and there was this women who gave birth vaginally.

I was watching her and I thought to myself, I'll never be able to experience that.

I doubt I'll have any more children. If I do, chances are I'll end up having another emergency c-section. So I feel like that experience has been robbed of me.

The ones who have had the experience, I look at it as a privilege.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (41-50):
la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I never had a vaginal birth and I don't feel cheated. People are welcome to find me a terrible mom for that but I don't feel I missed out of anything. I got pregnant to become a mother and raise a child not to give birth a certain way.

NutHouseMomma
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Some women cannot physically have a child vaginally ~ because their body will not allow for it. Surly you should know this...correct? Some women, are ...well... small. Some women get UTI's from just having sex because they have a shortened urethra, or the urethra is close to the opening of their vagina. You have to know this is common. Ripping? Really ~ you have never heard of ripping from a vaginal delivery? Well shit! I rip just having sex with my husband ~ every time! Way too much information, right? And never walking right again was humor.

I was also being supportive of someone who would potentially never have a vaginal delivery...I was building her up ...trying to get her to embrace the fact that she was unable to have a vginal delivery ~ Not trying to make her feel even worse about not getting to experience a vaginal birth.

But you go on with your rude self ~ SUCH A FINE EXAMPLE **EYEROLL**

Quoting specialwingz:

Pull your own knickers out of your own a$$.  If you have had c-sections...then where are you getting the idea the only things you "missed out" on were negative things you conjured up?

You implied that that's what happens with vaginal births.  So, I'm just curious...how many moms in here who had vaginal births experienced vaginas ripped to shreds, the "worst UTI ever" and will never walk right again?

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I was referring to me sweetheart. Now go retrieve your knickers, I think they are hung up.

Quoting specialwingz:

4 kids, including full-term twins...not one c-section.  I didn't rip because my OB gave me an episiotomy and never had a UTI, much less the "worst UTI ever".  And, what's this about never being able to walk right again???  Where did you come up with THAT???

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I have had three c-sections and all I feel I have missed out on is a ripped vag, quite possibly the worst UTI ever, and maybe never being able to walk right again. I get what you are saying...but you should embrace the experience and success.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." (Einstein)

JennyCaps
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I ended up with only c sections and it doesn't bother me. I am just happy to have my kids here and healthy. I hope you can find peace with not getting to have a vaginal birth...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I see people say their c- section recovery was terrible. Mine was easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2ninos4me
by 2blessings4me on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I loveeee your 1st sentence ! Is so true . I have 2 sons both vaginally delivered and i was soo scared to have a c section for so many reasons such as the pain , recovery ( i had noone to help me ) and few more reasons :)

Quoting christel22406:

No the result isn't the same. To have someone deliver a baby for you compared to the satisfaction of knowing you did it yourself. Completely different. Yes you still end up with the baby either way but recovery is different as well as many other things.

Quoting christina0607:

I honestly don't understand this. The result is the same. Not all people are the same and not all births are the same. I don't really understand comparing yourself to others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand where you are coming from, but your not missing much. I know everyone recovers differently, but my vaginal was so much worse and longer recovery than both my c-sections.
deloit
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
i had 2 vaginals and 2 emergency c-sections.the difference was the recovery and with the c-sections i was put to sleep so i didnt get to see my babies until the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two vaginal births, one of them was a natural water birth.

I feel incredibly privileged.

I'm not telling you this to brag or because I think I'm better but just to let you know that I do appreciate the opportunity and experience that I had.

hismommy2010
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I get what you are saying. I have one child, who was via emergency c-section. I tried for 42 hours to give birth vaginally. But he was to big for me to do it...

In my state they have the law that there are no vbac's... My husband and I are content with one child, but if I were to ever decide to have another, I'd never be able to give birth vaginally.

I wanted to see my child and hold him right after birth, I wanted hubby to cut the cord. But with the emergency c-section, I didn't get to see my baby until 2 long hours after wards.

And then after that, It wa very difficult to stand up and get my son when he needed feed or changed through out the night.

I cry when I watch the baby story's and see a mother give birth vaginally. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that he is here and healthy, but I would have loved for it to have all gone right instead of needing a c-section.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Not me, I loved my c-sections and they both resulted in beautiful, healthy babies. There is no reason to envy anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)