Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Picky eaters menu?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have some VERY picky eaters but I am trying to create a menu for next week...starting sunday evening till saturday lunch.  I am having some trouble.  Do any of you ladies have picky eaters?  What do you feed them?  Even if you dont have picky eaters...I am looking for new recipes because my family and I are getting kinda cored with food.  Any fairly easy recipes you can give me?  

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I have lots of recipes that my family loves on my blog.

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/

Stop catering to picky eaters. That just makes the problem worse. Healthy children will not allow themselves to starve so make a change and DONT give in. 

christina0607
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I have a picky eater however,he eats what the rest of us eat. One day a week he gets to pick dinner and I will cook, with in reason, anything he wants.

dbush0584
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Thats what Ive been trying to do.  My problem is that SO is picky and his DD is picky.  She wont eat ANYTHING...or she doesnt want to.  Ive gotten to where I just tell her if shes hungry then she can eat and if not then she can go to bed hungry.  SHes getting better but I really wanna try things that she may like.  Than kyou so much for your help :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

Stop catering to picky eaters. That just makes the problem worse. Healthy children will not allow themselves to starve so make a change and DONT give in. 

dbush0584
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

SD LIVES on microwave corndogs and easy mac at her moms....SO then she doesnt want ANYTHING when she comes over and SO doesnt eat ANY veggies but corn.  Its very frustraiting.

Quoting christina0607:

I have a picky eater however,he eats what the rest of us eat. One day a week he gets to pick dinner and I will cook, with in reason, anything he wants.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Try homemade healthy versions of things she DOES like, then branch from there. 

Quoting dbush0584:

Thats what Ive been trying to do.  My problem is that SO is picky and his DD is picky.  She wont eat ANYTHING...or she doesnt want to.  Ive gotten to where I just tell her if shes hungry then she can eat and if not then she can go to bed hungry.  SHes getting better but I really wanna try things that she may like.  Than kyou so much for your help :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

shajdinyak
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Could not agree with u more! I can't stand when people ( my mom being one) cater and make or get separate things. Since my girls were babies they ate the healthy meals we eat. People are amazed. My mom will make chicken, salad, buy pizza chicken make pbj just to get my nephews to eat. Oh and give them chocolate milk so They drink milk whaaat?!. K vent over sorry LOL

Quoting SuperPickle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

lol Its funny you mention that...we just made homemade corndogs and I NEVER buy boxed mac n cheese...I learned how to make it from scratch and never looked back. lol.  Thanks for your help.  LOVE your blog!!

Quoting SuperPickle:

Try homemade healthy versions of things she DOES like, then branch from there. 

Quoting dbush0584:

Quoting SuperPickle:

dbush0584
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids LOVE milk...maybe too much lol.

I NEVER make special food for them...like separate food...other than what Im already making I mean.  If they dont want it then they can go to bed hungry.  I just want to find new recipes to try to see if I can expand their picky food horizons, ya know?  My mom, MIL, and DD's ENTIRE dad's fam does that....its very irritating.  I want my kids to be healthy.

Quoting shajdinyak:

Could not agree with u more! I can't stand when people ( my mom being one) cater and make or get separate things. Since my girls were babies they ate the healthy meals we eat. People are amazed. My mom will make chicken, salad, buy pizza chicken make pbj just to get my nephews to eat. Oh and give them chocolate milk so They drink milk whaaat?!. K vent over sorry LOL

Quoting SuperPickle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)