Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
DH bought a nice and expensive tent a few years ago and his brother wanted to use it and so he left it with his brother. We had called several times asking about getting it back but they always had already taken off some where to use it.

Well in 2 weeks we are going camping so I told DH to call him and let him know we were coming to get it.
Well he tells DH that the tent was chewed by rats and thrown in the garbage. Dh is dissapointed but just said oh shit happens.

I say his brother wanted to keep the tent at his house handy for himself, he was responsible for it!!! He should replace it. And btw I wonder how long its been since he discovered it was destroyed and threw it away without telling my husband.

What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM
its a few years old. I would chalk it up to lesson learned. don't let brother jn law borrow things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM
It really pisses me off my husband didn't get offended at all. I hate how he is such a tit when it comes to standing up for something.

Quoting happymommy1105:

its a few years old. I would chalk it up to lesson learned. don't let brother jn law borrow things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexRi0709
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I would be pissed and tell him (bil) that he is responsible for it. It was on loan, not given to him therefore making it his responsibility to replace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whowhat
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I wouldn't let them borrow anything anymore. It's not new after a few years though so you probably can't get the full value back on it. They probably tossed it a long time ago though really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

His brother should absolutely replace it.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM
How long did his brother have it? If it wasn't returned after a year I would have asked for it to be replaced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM
get pissed about what? is getting pissed gonna change the situation?

it would be different if you just bought the thing. but its years old now.

plus if you really cared or wanted it back you have insisted on getting it back in the beginning.

move on. no longer worth your time or energy.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

It really pisses me off my husband didn't get offended at all. I hate how he is such a tit when it comes to standing up for something.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
My idiot husband doesn't.want to argue with him and cause problems cause then they will keep us from being able to see the babies.

They are hateful spiteful immature assholes like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Quoting LexRi0709:

I would be pissed and tell him (bil) that he is responsible for it. It was on loan, not given to him therefore making it his responsibility to replace.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be pissed to. Idc how old it was. If it was in usable condition when you loaned it to him he needs to replace it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)