Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

GIVEAWAY: Eat More Veggies! 3 Moms will WIN CafeMom Totes!!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM
  • 24 Replies

eatingHere's how to play!

1. Take One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family.

2. Reply to this post and let us know you made your pledge

Three members who make a pledge and reply to this post by October 31st at 11pm will be chosen to WIN a CafeMom grocery tote!

**In addition, Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that makes a pledge.

Giveaway rules:

• The Newcomers Club giveaway starts 10/15/12 at 11am (ET) and ends 10/31/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by making a pledge and replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom grocery tote.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Thankfully dd loves vegetables but I have seen other moms incorporated into chicken nuggets, and make juices with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bemom0f2
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM

My boys eat just about anything but veggies.  It is a major battle!  So I cook when they are not in the kitchen and chop veggies up and put them in anything I can.  For example, when I make my spaghetti sauce it gets broccoli and celery.  When I make brownies it gets anything that I can add that I have on hand at the time.  I do this with fruit as well. 

We also have a meal planning guide that we post each week.  Everyone must cook a dinner each day of the week.  So when they pick what night they are cooking it requires that they plan for a main dish (meat of some kind), Side dish and a veggie dish.  The rule is that everyone has to eat at least one spoonful of each dish on the menu that someone has prepared.  so that is the two ways we get our boys to eat veggies. 

jillian9412
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:36 PM

tell the kid that its a fruit. my 2 year old sis thought squash was a fruit and i made the mistake of telling her its not  fruit its a vegetable and she stopped eating it

gogreen4health
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:52 PM
I don't have to do anything they have always eaten all their vegetables. (When I started them on foods vegetables were one of the first foods + I made my own baby food.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:33 AM
All three of my kids like to eat vegetables. I just put them on their highchair tray and tell them now yummy and good it is! Even if they don't like it on the first few tries, I keep giving it to them whenever we eat it, and eventually they eat it too and usually likes it. My yds loves salad even as a preschooler and my dd loves tomatoes at 16 months.
aus14
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM
My ds is a veggie eater so I will make sure we both do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skippette14
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 1:48 AM
Im trying new veggies and also trying new ways to cook All our favorites. We've recently tried spaghetti squash, roasting fresh green beans, broccoli , and zucchini .
I made pesto with broccoli, it was interesting, not sure if ill make it again.
I made guacamole with asparagus in place of avocado it was good on chicken breast and burger patties.

I've become sneaky with getting my kids to eat more veggies :).

Potato soup is really popular with my kiddos. I tried a new recipe, which included cauliflower in place of half the potatoes. They all gobbled it up saying it was the yummiest potato soup ever. Only dd11 knew about the cauliflower :)

I even pulled one over on one of my friends who is anti veggie, but likes potato soup. He also loved it , we haven't bothered to tell him the secret.
missym31
by Member on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I take the pledge... My DD and DS love veggies, but my two SS do not...

randomosityblog
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

We became vegetarians a year ago, we eat TONS of veggies now!

I NEED A TOTE!!!!! :)

MamaHasWings
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM

For vegetables my children seem to avoid (onions, garlic, etc) I chop them finely and add them to sauces or soup, they are less noticeable that way. I try to jazz up vegetables like broccoli with grated cheese to make them more interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)