Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So this little turd cut her hair.

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 30 Replies
My fault, I forgot to put the scissors away. I'm actually kind of impressed, cuz although she cut quite a bit off, she cut her bangs perfectly straight and at the right length, and the rest was just little random chunks that I can easily fix into layers. She did a pretty good job, lol. I'm still mad about her cutting it because her hair is so beautiful and grows so slowly, and she knows better, but the way she cut it is pretty good, lol.

Have your kids cut their hair before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtolittleg
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Thank goodness, no.  I'm sure it will happen one day.  Luckily my DD has ringlets, so she'd had to do quite a number on it to make it look too bad.

sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM

My son hasn't because he's only 21 months so I have to be *REALLY* careful about leaving scissors around, he's not big enough to understand safety first and would probably immediately impale himself. My niece cut her hair when she was four and it never happened again, because her punishment was to walk around with a stupid hair cut and let everyone laugh at it.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

charliebean
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM
My sister once cut her bangs all the way to the skin. Looked like a partial buzz cut. Ooh, my mom was so mad, lol.

Quoting momtolittleg:

Thank goodness, no.  I'm sure it will happen one day.  Luckily my DD has ringlets, so she'd had to do quite a number on it to make it look too bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Ha, that's not a bad idea, although DD's isn't really all that noticeable. I did explain to her that I didn't want her cutting off her pretty hair and she went to time out though.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

My son hasn't because he's only 21 months so I have to be *REALLY* careful about leaving scissors around, he's not big enough to understand safety first and would probably immediately impale himself. My niece cut her hair when she was four and it never happened again, because her punishment was to walk around with a stupid hair cut and let everyone laugh at it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lv_my_babies
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM

My daughter just did that Saturday to both her hair and her brother's. Had to give DS a buzz cut (he looks bald) and DD (who's hair was almost to the middle of her back, she wanted her hair like Rapunzel's) is now chin length. I don't think DD will ever do something like that again, she is still upset about her hair cut.

Buggy979
by Danette on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Yep, my Dd cut het pony tail off when she was 3...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
My 4 year old did when she was 2.
I loathed it at the time and cried and cried because, like me, her hair grows slowly. (3" per YEAR)
But looking back at pictures, it was super cute.
She definitely learned her lesson. It wasn't something I was angry about, but we both mourned the loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM

DD did it once. She took a huge chunk out of the left side by her face. Thanks fully she wears a bob anyway so we just kept it layered until it grew out. 

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM

My son didn't but I did and it resulted in my mom cutting my hair EXTREMELY short. 

charliebean
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
She learned her lesson, eh? Poor kids, lol.

Quoting lv_my_babies:

My daughter just did that Saturday to both her hair and her brother's. Had to give DS a buzz cut (he looks bald) and DD (who's hair was almost to the middle of her back, she wanted her hair like Rapunzel's) is now chin length. I don't think DD will ever do something like that again, she is still upset about her hair cut.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN