Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You tube HELP!! No sound! Update-Fixed

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have no sound on Youtube but sound everywhere else on the computer?  Does anyone know the problem?  

Thanks for any help!!

UPdate-thank you ladies for your help-it is fixed now!!

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
makelineerror
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Click on the little speaker at the bottom of the video and see where the youtube volume meter is. It might have gotten turned down somehow.
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM

ok I will go try to find that right now and come back to you if I can't-thanks!  I will tell you either way if it worked or not-

Quoting makelineerror:

Click on the little speaker at the bottom of the video and see where the youtube volume meter is. It might have gotten turned down somehow.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I can't find it--I am totally not good at this stuff-lol

I need a dummy book for volume control on youtube videos-lol

So still not working-

Help me if you can-thanks!

Quoting makelineerror:

makelineerror
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Hover your mouse pointer over the bottom of the video. You'll see the progress bar, and right below that is the play/pause button, and next to that is a little icon that looks like a speaker. Hover your mouse pointer over that, and a little bar will appear. Move the line as far to the left as necessary to get the desired volume.

Also, check the speaker icon for a little "x" next to it. If the "x" is there, click on the speaker. The "x" means that volume is muted, and when you click on it, the volume becomes unmuted.

jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM

You know at the bottom of the video you're watching, where it has the play button, the bar where you see the progress of the video (minutes and seconds) and all of that?  There's a speaker next to the play/pause button.  Scroll over it and slide the bar all the way to the right.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

So still not working-

Quoting makelineerror:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM

thank you for step by step instructions!!  I figured it out with your help! Thanks again!  

Quoting makelineerror:

Hover your mouse pointer over the bottom of the video. You'll see the progress bar, and right below that is the play/pause button, and next to that is a little icon that looks like a speaker. Hover your mouse pointer over that, and a little bar will appear. Move the line as far to the left as necessary to get the desired volume.

Also, check the speaker icon for a little "x" next to it. If the "x" is there, click on the speaker. The "x" means that volume is muted, and when you click on it, the volume becomes unmuted.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Thank you so much for your help!! It is fixed!! Yeah!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

You know at the bottom of the video you're watching, where it has the play button, the bar where you see the progress of the video (minutes and seconds) and all of that?  There's a speaker next to the play/pause button.  Scroll over it and slide the bar all the way to the right.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

So still not working-

Quoting makelineerror:

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM

youtube has also been having sound issues ...just refeshing the page brings the sound back for me ...unless you have the sound on your computer turned down 

jillbailey26
by Emerald Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

You're welcome.  Now you've prompted me to listen to my playlists on there, so I thank you as well, lol.

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thank you so much for your help!! It is fixed!! Yeah!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting lifeisajoy:

So still not working-

Quoting makelineerror:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)