Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mary Kay, Pure Romance, Scentsy- Does selling this stuff really work?

A post I saw yesterday got me thinking... I have been wanting a second income, something just for me, but I need something where I can pick the hours. Does anyone have experience with these types of companies? I've hosted lingerie, Tupperware and crystal parties before and they were so much fun, I figured it might be worth a shot.

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
evelynolivesmom
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

BUMP

kattu
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM
I think I would rather not know the people there. And I definitely wouldn't want to host. I just want to go! Haha

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting kattu:

I've kind of always wanted to go to one. How does it work? Do you know the people there?

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't have any personal experience with selling but I go to passion parties and my sales lady loves her job. She doesn't work other than the passion parties. She says she can make $500 from a small party.

The girl who sells the products put something on facebook about starting her business and needing people to host parties. The person who hosts gets a free gift, I believe. So one of my friends took her up on the offer and started hosting, I just got an invite to it.

I thought about asking her to have a party at my house.

I think you can also google the website and see if you can contact a local rep to come have a party at your house.

*ETA* The first time, I didn't know anyone but the person whose house it was. I was nervous but it was so fun.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Same with Mary Kay and many others.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

The problem is the hidden fees. Avon is the worst. They charge you for every book they send you whether you sell something or not. Samples, displays etc. So you need to put yourself into it whole heartedly or you'll end up with less than you went into it.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM
I sold Premier for 5 years and did super well, but my photography business got busy so I stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvsn85
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a Mary Kay consultant, and I really like it. They are also running a special for the consultant kits till the end of October. If your interstead let me know, I would be more they happy to share the oppertunity with you.

Oh and also as far as hidden fees, you have to buy you start up kit and anything else you want but once your enrolled theres no yearly fee or anything.
LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I sell Scentsy and DoTerra essential oils. I've been doing Scentsy for 4 years, love the products, but there are so many consultants out there so it's harder to sell.
I'm actually doing better with DoTerra, there's not nearly as many consultants and the products work excellent and actually help health problems
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mesh2
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

My mom sold Tupperware for a while and she used to make really good money. The key, like others said, is being very self motivated and making it work for you! 

MrsReddae
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hi!  I am a  consultant, and I can tell you that it is a company that really works!  I have seen multiple women move up and earn cars as well as executive incomes, and I am currently working towards doing the same.  It is a company that supports you wholeheartedly.  We like to say, "You are in business for yourself, not by yourself."  If you would like more information feel free to email me.  You can search the MK site by looking up the last name "Reddae".  I would love to share more about the opportunity with you. 

evelynolivesmom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Thank you very much, I will.

Quoting MrsReddae:

Hi!  I am a  consultant, and I can tell you that it is a company that really works!  I have seen multiple women move up and earn cars as well as executive incomes, and I am currently working towards doing the same.  It is a company that supports you wholeheartedly.  We like to say, "You are in business for yourself, not by yourself."  If you would like more information feel free to email me.  You can search the MK site by looking up the last name "Reddae".  I would love to share more about the opportunity with you. 

evelynolivesmom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:41 PM

What is Premier?

Quoting lapcounter:

I sold Premier for 5 years and did super well, but my photography business got busy so I stopped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)