Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mary Kay, Pure Romance, Scentsy- Does selling this stuff really work?

A post I saw yesterday got me thinking... I have been wanting a second income, something just for me, but I need something where I can pick the hours. Does anyone have experience with these types of companies? I've hosted lingerie, Tupperware and crystal parties before and they were so much fun, I figured it might be worth a shot.

by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Replies (21-27):
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Premier Designs Jewelry

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

What is Premier?

Quoting lapcounter:

I sold Premier for 5 years and did super well, but my photography business got busy so I stopped.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindsey31403
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a mk consultant and love it. I work my own hours and it gives me some time with other people and has allowed me to meet some amazing people and friends. It is a job and you do have to work. There is no one telling you what to do so you must be self disciplined and motivated.
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I have more friends that have started at-home businesses and not made quota than friends who have made it past a year or so.  Thirty-one is a really nice company if your market is not saturated.  They weren't even taking new consultants here for a while.  As with any home business, you have to work hard to make it work.  

The people in my area that are doing well are the ones that are out at events and networking.  It also helps if you know a lot of people that can help spread the word or have a way to direct customers to you.  I have a friend that owns an embroidery business and also started an at-home business.  

RidingPink
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I have experience with Mary Kay.  I cannot speak for others but for me I set  my hours working 4-6 hours a week profiting at least $500 a week as a beauty consultant that was what I needed. I was only going to try this for 30 days to see if it would work.  30 days turned into 10years and still going.  Be happy to share my work schedule with you.    

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM

In my experience it's the fees that will get you. I was selling candles for a while and my profits and my fees were not adding up. The ALWAYS seemed to have issues with my 4.99 a month payment for my website. Or with the payment for my order. It got frustrating.

echupko
by Elizabeth on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Melaleuca does :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I sell Plexus Slim and make between $200-$500 a month. It's not a whole lot but it's more than I would have if I wouldn't be making anything. 

I chose this because I don't have to do parties, keep inventory or travel. Half of the time people order from my website without me knowing. 

Plus I'm like a walking advertisement for it, and so is my husband. He's lost almost 30 lbs and I've lost about 15 lbs and this is in 2 months. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)