Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This Real Mom of CafeMom Adopted Her Daughter from China!

Posted by   + Show Post

Claire and her husband knew from their first date that they would someday want to adopt a child from China, but their journey to parenthood was hardly that straightforward.

There were years of infertility, a devastating loss, and then stacks and stacks of paperwork and bureaucracy to wade through before they finally welcomed their daughter home.

And that wasn't the end of the story - there was another surprise in store for the family! Watch to find out what happened!

Has your life been touched by adoption in some way?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Replies (11-19):
MorganTho
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Beautiful family! My 2 cousins are adopted from china, they both had health problems when they were brought to the states, the but the youngest had the most problems. She had a cleft palate, and didnt know how to cry at 18 months, so they had to follow a schedule for feeding and changings because she wouldn't cry if she was hungry!

onethentwins
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM

This is awesome! I finally get to put a face and a voice to the name Claire. Claire is like my little guardian angel. I say some pretty controversial things about adoption and whenever someone says something mean to me, up pops Claire to my defence. It makes me laugh a happy laugh.

Claire, I have to say you look and sound nothing like I imagined :) Great video!

blowing kisses

Elyce225
by Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Claire you and your family are so cute.  I always tell you this, and I'll say it again, you always have this warm and welcoming feeling whenever you post.  Your girls are so lucky to have you.  I just want to come to your house and hang out with you three.

Yellowlily333
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM

love!

Gramto8
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

BUMP!

maria295447
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM
bump I'm mobile can't see it :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stellarcatgirl
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Such a heart-warming story! 

Megzboys
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Oh my goodness, both her girls are adorable!   One of my good friends adopted a daughter from China and one from Columbia and they are adorable and actually look like they could be their biological children in a way.  

Mudpie123
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I was adopted at 16.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)