Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Babysitting for ProAction??!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi.  I live in New York state and I'm going to be starting to babysit my neighbors kids, one is 3 or 4 and will be full time and the other is 8 and will be after school.  They have the child care thing through ProAction to help them with childcare costs and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what their experience was.  Is it like a regular paying job, do they pay minimum wage or do they have special payment ect?  

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Have no idea heres a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Savedfromsin79
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I have no idea. This is definately not what I had guessed this post was about. 

I live in Ny State also.. But I had never heard of that company. But I am assuming you live either in NYC or near it. 

I live in Rural New York south of Buffalo Ny by about 2 hours. Near the Pa boarder.

1EKT6-1oY-6

Litterally the NICEST BUNCH of Ladies on CAFEMOM!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117832

SabrenaLeigh
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:09 PM

No I live near PA too, the southern tier, and proaction is headstart.  Its like government asstance for caregivers

peanutsmommy1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Quoting SabrenaLeigh:

No I live near PA too, the southern tier, and proaction is headstart.  Its like government asstance for caregivers

Headstart is a federally funded preschool, not a childcare subsidy paid to an individual

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

My coworker would watch her friends kids and get paid through the state.  I'm not sure if there's a name or a company.  All I remember her saying was that she watched her friend's 2 or 3 kids during the day, got paid through the state, and had to fill out a taxform come tax season.  I live in PA, so I don't know if it would be different or not.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If it is through federal funds, you may need to have certification.

Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM

1 It appears that your confusing the parent company's of Either Accord for allegany county or Community action for Catteraugus county.. Not sure what other counties call it.. But I am pretty sure that Headstart doesn't pay for daycare. Why? My BFF is a site manager for Headstart. I asked. She said She has never heard of any such program. But it may still be a program of the parent companies which isn't afiliated with headstart..kwim!

2 Which county are you in.. or what town. I live in Rushford.. 

Quoting SabrenaLeigh:

1EKT6-1oY-6

Litterally the NICEST BUNCH of Ladies on CAFEMOM!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117832

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN