Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't need cash for Christmas....update 11/13

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 37 Replies
3 moms liked this

I can see everyone is already complaining about the upcoming 'I can't afford Christmas for my kids' posts. Our family doesn't need cash, or presents, or anything like that. But if you pray, or meditate, or send out good vibes, whatever it is you do, you can do that for us. I would just like to have SO home for the holidays, alive and well. He's going to have brain surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor and it will possibly leave him paralyzed on one side. He will need to be in a physical rehab center for weeks. And our baby is due in two weeks.

**Thank you so much for all the prayers!!!! According to his mom (she's spending the night at the hospital tonight) He is recovering from surgery very well and very quickly and already talking and moving his right side. Crazy good news!!!  Now all I can think is, " That dr can take his '6-8 month time frame' and SHOVE IT!"  So happy right now, and really appreciating the power of prayer and the fact that my SO is always so positive and strong and full of faith, and STUBBORN! lol*****

11/13/12-update : they got all of the tumor that they could see. he is recovering nicely in inpatient rehab at our local hospital so he was able to be there for the birth of our son on Monday! And he will be coming home on Sunday.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adhaodd1child
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Im so sorry to hear you are going thru this. I wil be praying for you and your family keep me updated on how he is doing and how you the new baby are doing too.

_WC_Mama
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I know what You mean,those posts are going to go from now until Christmas I am sure of it,I will send your family my prayers,thoughts and good vibes!!

_WC_Mama
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Buuump

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I'm sorry.. :( prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dee1603
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Prayers coming your way!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I get it. The librarian asked my daughter what she was asking Santa for. She said she wanted a liver for her nana. I'm sorry you're going through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I know what you mean. The best gift of all is family and having them healthy and well. Many people forget that. I'm sorry you have to endure such stress with your husbands surgery and I pray that it all goes well. **hugs**
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM
:'(

Quoting black.eyeliner:

I get it. The librarian asked my daughter what she was asking Santa for. She said she wanted a liver for her nana. I'm sorry you're going through this.

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Prayers for you and your SO.

Beauty91805
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Last year I was having trouble because I was ill and on medical leave so Christmas was not really going to happen. I explained it to my dd who was 6 at the time and she looked at me and said, " don't worry mommy, you don't have to buy me anything, all that matters is we have eachother and we are happy" boy did she make me cry.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN