Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My vein in my arm hurts.:/

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 11 Replies
Its weird..like not a harsh pain but hurts. Im a phleb & got drawn for testing last week on new machines but still that was a week ago :/

Anyone had this? Im pregnant if that matters. Not the whole thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Maybe your blood pressure is high?

CheyennesMommy2
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM
It like really hurts just in one spot. And its almost bruising.

Quoting alwayskk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Bruised vain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yeah, I would think that area would be a little sensitive and your blood pressure going up could cause more pain. Bruising is totally normal for me after a draw, so IDK.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting alwayskk:

"Go deeper than love, for the soul has greater depth…love is like the grass, but the heart is deep wild rock, ….molten, yet dense and permanent." ~ D. H. Lawrence.

You are the peace of all things calm. You are the place to hide from harm. You are the light that shines in dark. You are the heart’s eternal spark. You are the door that’s open wide. You are the guest who waits inside. You are the stranger at the door. You are the calling of the poor. You are with me still. You are my love, keep me from ill. You are the light, the truth, the way. ~ Oral Celtic Tradition

CheyennesMommy2
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM
It wasnt bruised though. She used a 25g needle and didnt even get blood she had to go to my hand. It hasnt hurt since then. Untill now.

Quoting strictmomhere:

Bruised vain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I dont bruise. I didnt though

Quoting alwayskk:

Yeah, I would think that area would be a little sensitive and your blood pressure going up could cause more pain. Bruising is totally normal for me after a draw, so IDK.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting alwayskk:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM
No idea then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Sounds like you popped a blood vessel or have a bruised vein. It's very common after having an IV, blood drawn, or a needle entered directly into the vein. The area can be tender and bruised in the 2-4 weeks that it heals. I wouldn't worry about it. You can apply ice to the area if it's really tender but you just have to wait for it to heal. So long as the area where the bruise is doesn't start to swell then you are fine.

CheyennesMommy2
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Im a phleb I know how it works but this pain is like a 9. Its extremely bad. And a bruise is just now forming. Ive never seen anyone form a bruise and have pain an enrtire week after a venipuncture.

Quoting MsRkg:

Sounds like you popped a blood vessel or have a bruised vein. It's very common after having an IV, blood drawn, or a needle entered directly into the vein. The area can be tender and bruised in the 2-4 weeks that it heals. I wouldn't worry about it. You can apply ice to the area if it's really tender but you just have to wait for it to heal. So long as the area where the bruise is doesn't start to swell then you are fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM

She your doctor in the morning if you can.

I  have such tiny veins, that when I get an IV, they tend to blow after a few hours (or 3 saline bags worth) and then I need a new one, but the area is extremely painful and bruised for like 2 weeks.

Ice helps, and try to wrap it with a tight bandage like an ace bandage. The initial pain from that hurts like hell, but it helps lessen the overall pain at the end . At least that works with me. You can try it.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Im a phleb I know how it works but this pain is like a 9. Its extremely bad. And a bruise is just now forming. Ive never seen anyone form a bruise and have pain an enrtire week after a venipuncture.

Quoting MsRkg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)