Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Jeez

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't understand how women can stay with men that don't help around the house at all. Like cook, help with the kids, do dishes, vacuum, laundry, or clean in general. We both work full time and we both clean. Even when I was a SAHM he still worked and came home and helped. I think it's insane that men aren't as into the family/ home thing as some.

by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaSage
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You're lucky. I'm happy to say that I am too :)

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is helpful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fstysxofthebtt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I've noticed that I'm extremely lucky!

Quoting SamanthaSage:

You're lucky. I'm happy to say that I am too :)

FooLynRoo
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Because I don't split my life down the middle.

I clean and cook because im better at it.

He mows the lawns and trims the trees and fixes the cars etc because he's better at that too.

Also for me - commitment means flaws and all - so he's a little lazy when it comes to putting his cup in the sink. That is NOT a big deal in the perspective of life.

alwayskk
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I stayed for five years. I wanted to be sure that my conscience was clean before I made the heart wrenching decision to divorce.

Leaving a marriage is an incredibly difficult decision to make. It's very, very scary. I did not think I was going to be able to make it on my own, to be honest. I thought I would die trying.

To be honest, the main reason I left was not the general lack of respect. He was also doing drugs. I can deal with dirty socks...I won't deal with methamphetamine.

fstysxofthebtt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

That is a big decision. I mean most people live with their SO/ DH before they marry them so they should know how they are but then again maybe they change after being married and have kids. I mean my DH never changed. However if drugs EVER came into the picture I would go throw rehab with him if he was willing but after 2 times of rehab and if he relapsed again I would leave. 

You did what was best for yourself and child.

Quoting alwayskk:

I stayed for five years. I wanted to be sure that my conscience was clean before I made the heart wrenching decision to divorce.

Leaving a marriage is an incredibly difficult decision to make. It's very, very scary. I did not think I was going to be able to make it on my own, to be honest. I thought I would die trying.

To be honest, the main reason I left was not the general lack of respect. He was also doing drugs. I can deal with dirty socks...I won't deal with methamphetamine.

fstysxofthebtt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM

That's different compared to men that just don't do anything because they're lazy. At least you get help.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Because I don't split my life down the middle.

I clean and cook because im better at it.

He mows the lawns and trims the trees and fixes the cars etc because he's better at that too.

Also for me - commitment means flaws and all - so he's a little lazy when it comes to putting his cup in the sink. That is NOT a big deal in the perspective of life.

SamanthaSage
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you! And good for him for being that way :) Its sad that there's tons of women out there not as fortunate as we are.

alwayskk
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you ma'am. I wonder that sometimes myself. We didn't live together for very long before we married so when I hear of other ladies dealing with that, I wonder if their situation was the same.

The man I'm dating now is simply amazing. He's constantly telling me to sit down and let him do all the work, I don't even have a chance to complain. I don't know why I ever settled for less.

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

That is a big decision. I mean most people live with their SO/ DH before they marry them so they should know how they are but then again maybe they change after being married and have kids. I mean my DH never changed. However if drugs EVER came into the picture I would go throw rehab with him if he was willing but after 2 times of rehab and if he relapsed again I would leave. 

Quoting alwayskk:

fstysxofthebtt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

That's great. You deserve it.

Quoting alwayskk:

Thank you ma'am. I wonder that sometimes myself. We didn't live together for very long before we married so when I hear of other ladies dealing with that, I wonder if their situation was the same.

The man I'm dating now is simply amazing. He's constantly telling me to sit down and let him do all the work, I don't even have a chance to complain. I don't know why I ever settled for less.

Quoting fstysxofthebtt:

Quoting alwayskk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)