Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My dd is so mad.. She lives with her bf and his parents. She thinks this is so wrong and she wanted me to post and get you guys' opinions on this:

Both of his parents don't work. They have their home registered as a church so they pay no taxes even though they do no church type activities at all there. His mom gets child support for the bf and his little brother. The step father gets disability.

Her bf gets 1,000/month to go to college from the veterens benifits because the step dad is disabled.  When he got his check this month (it's the first check, school just started) His parents insisted that her bf give them half of it. Then bf got a student loan of 680.00 that he will end up having to pay back. It came on a debit-type card. Yesterday, his parents decided they wanted to go on a date day. His mom went in his room and demanded his card. Then she wanted the code. Bf told her that it was his money for school. She told him that she would leave him some.

They were gone all day long! When they got home last night, bf asked for his card back and my dd said that he had to beg for it! When he got it back his mom told him that she had left him 300 on it. They had spent over half of it.

Her bf just went and got his driver's license and his parents promised him a pick up that they had bought for him. He passed but they won't let him drive it. They still have to get up 3 hours early so they can catch the bus into town. They go to school M,W, and Fridays. His step dad insists all of a sudden that he wants to go fishing every morning and needs the truck. Does any of this sound right to you?

On top of all of this, my dd is resopnsible for cleaning the house and they are in charge of the cooking dinner 5 days out of the week. DD told me that they never leave their bedroom. DD and her bf are not allowed to close the bedroom door at any time and she found out that the other morning, the step dad got up early and was walking around nude while she slept with the bedroom door open right across the hall. These people really disturb me. What are your thoughts? Am I over reacting?

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

We have 4 other kids that live here. None of which likes him. My dh and I have found out about his dealing drugs and being in trouble with the law. That's why they moved here. I also know the parents of his last gf told me that he was stealing from them as well.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Can I ask why? Not being rude at all. Just curious and I get everyone has their own rules, but him staying with you isnt any different than her staying over there. Minus the fact that with you, he wont be getting used.

Quoting Erna2:

We would not allow the bf to live here but she can come home anytime..

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Over reacting? No, not IMO. That family sounds like a piece of work. Is there any way they could stay with you?

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I didn't "let" her, she chose to go

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

oh hell no that isso not even right i would not be letting my DD be around that kind of houeshold

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

yeah i understand that but i would really try to find a way to get it out if there but really idk kno bc i'm not dealing with it good luck i hope u can find a way to deal with it in a way that is good 4 every1

Quoting Erna2:

I didn't "let" her, she chose to go

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

oh hell no that isso not even right i would not be letting my DD be around that kind of household

NyiaBaby216
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM
And you're okay with your DD being around this kind of guy?

Quoting Erna2:

We have 4 other kids that live here. None of which likes him. My dh and I have found out about his dealing drugs and being in trouble with the law. That's why they moved here. I also know the parents of his last gf told me that he was stealing from them as well.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Can I ask why? Not being rude at all. Just curious and I get everyone has their own rules, but him staying with you isnt any different than her staying over there. Minus the fact that with you, he wont be getting used.

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Over reacting? No, not IMO. That family sounds like a piece of work. Is there any way they could stay with you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My dh will not tolerate this guy around the other kids. He is a known thief. He was arrested for dealing drugs by the age of 14. I am not going to get a divorce because of that kid. Besides, he doesn't want to leave his parents. He is a big mommas boy. After she came home with his card, dd said that he was kissing her butt. That pissed dd off most of all.

Quoting Mrs.Tirado:

let me guess. your daughter is in love and can't stand being away from her bf. something similar like this happened to me and the outcome of it all was that my bf and I almost broke up and I til this very day distrust and hate being around my now inlaws. Seriously, there's not a big difference if the boyfriend stays with you. You'll be doing them a great favor and preventing a big fued. Trust me, if this continues there WILL be a fued.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM

No, but she is 20, there is nothing I can do about it.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

NyiaBaby216
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM
You're still her parent, are you not? I get that she's grown and making her own decisions, but trying to bring her to the light is still something you can do. Theres always something you can do. Sit her down and explain that her living situation is far from healthy. Nothing good can come from it. Soon his parents will be using her for her money too.

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abigail0210
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Wow...  I would do everything to get my DD out of there

Can they move out?

sarah824
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to assume that these *kids* are actually adults, yes? If they don't like their current living situation then they need to fix it. Move out, support themselves.

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I have been doing that. She told me the other day, that her bf's mom told her that dd should apply for foodstamps and just give her the card. She told dd that she would give her "some" cash for it. Dd just keeps telling me that her bf is going to talk to them and it will be fine. I can't drag her home....or I would...

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

You're still her parent, are you not? I get that she's grown and making her own decisions, but trying to bring her to the light is still something you can do. Theres always something you can do. Sit her down and explain that her living situation is far from healthy. Nothing good can come from it. Soon his parents will be using her for her money too.

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Quoting Erna2:

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)